Minneapolis

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Minneapolis

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Well who could have foreseen this happening, eh?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:28 pm Apple crumble. No what it shows is that regardless of color you get out of life what you put into it. If you work hard enough you get your rewards. There will always be the lucky few born into prosperity , for the rest of us we have to work hard for our rewards.
I’ll ignore all the racism and homophobia on this thread as others seem to be picking up on that. Instead I’ll focus on this.

This is BS. I know lots of people who work hard. Really hard. And they don’t get any reward for it.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Red o, that is perfectly true, but equally the majority of people that are successful are so as a result of hard work and sacrifice.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

But the majority of people who do work hard don’t get any reward.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:52 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:24 pm
Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:15 pm Apple crumble, yes that’s a valid point. Apparently a crime has been committed and the perpetrator has been charged, what more do they want.
If you don’t know the answer to that, I’m afraid you are part of the problem.
Does he not deserve a fair trial?
How can he get a fair trial
He's already Dead isnt he ?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 pm From what I read the Four police officers were initially fired from their jobs, without being charged and I think that’s what’s caused the outrage and protests. The main Perp’ has now been charged, but wasn’t initially........Why Not ?
There’s no excuse for all the looting etc of course, but if the four cops had been arrested immediately and charged then a lot of the trouble probably wouldn’t have happened.
Perhaps the wanted to look into the situation before charging. Because there was a short delay does not mean the matter was being ignored. Due process probably meant they wanted to get hold of all the evidence, speak to witnesses, interview the officers, no doubt who will have wanted to appoint lawyers first, take statements and determine whether there was a case to answer. Having done the preparation they charged the guy.

Is anybody suggesting charges should be made before taking stock of all the evidence? Not following due process could lead to the officers getting off because the correct procedures were not followed. Imagine the outcome if that happened.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Dunners wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 pm This thread is going to be absolute carnage.

Proceed...
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:00 pm Nuneatonos. Yes I have more than an idea why blacks are more likely to be shot than whites in the u.s.a. Probably because they are massively more disproportionately to be involved in violent crime. Just google it.
Stating these facts doesn’t make me a racist. Facts are facts.
Firstly, the correct abbreviation is U.S.A. (not u.s.a.).

Just to clarify, are you saying then that in every instance of Black People who've been murdered by U.S. Police, this has been as a result of their involvement in violent crime then?

Or are you saying that as Black People are (Quote): disproportionately to be involved in violent crime, that all Black People are therefore a target; so it is their own fault?

Moreover, any comment upon the extremely low number of murder/manslaughter convictions of U.S. Police Officers to date; comparative to the murder/manslaughter conviction rate for non-Police Officers? That issue seems to have been conveniently overlooked within your reply.

Finally, I didn't refer to you as being a Racist; so I'm not quite sure why you have even related that to me within your response. Any reason why you felt compelled to mention it? :~
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Red card for Redcard.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 pm Apple crumble. You can try and justify the looting, violence, burning and destruction of peoples property till the cows come home, but it will not wash with decent law abiding people.
have to agree with this, its has gone to far now its all getting out of control.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Admin wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:00 am Red card for Redcard.
Provocative chap Redcard.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:53 am
Cheshunto wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 pm From what I read the Four police officers were initially fired from their jobs, without being charged and I think that’s what’s caused the outrage and protests. The main Perp’ has now been charged, but wasn’t initially........Why Not ?
There’s no excuse for all the looting etc of course, but if the four cops had been arrested immediately and charged then a lot of the trouble probably wouldn’t have happened.
Perhaps the wanted to look into the situation before charging. Because there was a short delay does not mean the matter was being ignored. Due process probably meant they wanted to get hold of all the evidence, speak to witnesses, interview the officers, no doubt who will have wanted to appoint lawyers first, take statements and determine whether there was a case to answer. Having done the preparation they charged the guy.

Is anybody suggesting charges should be made before taking stock of all the evidence? Not following due process could lead to the officers getting off because the correct procedures were not followed. Imagine the outcome if that happened.
Do you reckon if this had been a civilian filmed killing someone on the streets, they’d have sent them home then charged them 5 days later?

Come on, you’re not that dumb.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

The anger on the streets out there is understandable right now, but....

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The anger on the streets out there is understandable always...

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Eh?
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

RedO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 am The anger on the streets out there is understandable always...

Boots saying what?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Follow him, fella.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

RedO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:26 pm Follow him, fella.
To where exactly?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Redcard has given a right wing view that millions of people in this country hold. Nothing more. Banning him/her is daft. Oh well, the left still not learned any lessons and wonder why nobody votes for them.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Where has my last message gone. OMG. It’s a total left wing shutdown!
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

HeyO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:34 pm
RedO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:26 pm Follow him, fella.
To where exactly?
Conkles echo chamber
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Beradogs wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:20 pm Where has my last message gone. OMG. It’s a total left wing shutdown!
Crossed the line
Kent
Fresh Alias

Post by Kent »

Regarding the question of “what more do they want” and discussions around positive discrimination.

I would not want to speak on behalf of another ethnicity yet my guess would be that the words of the leaders acting as frustrated spokespeople for the black communities have centred around justice, an end to black discrimination and excessive force, arrests, jail time and murder... so these would be high on their wish list!

As far as questions on application forms: the issue is to act positively, which is to ensure that applicants and users of a service are actually reflective of the communities involved. For example: in Hounslow there is a high Somali community: if no candidates or users are from that community this raises questions as to why not? Could be a multitude of reasons and this is what the survey is for... to not exclude people from different communities whether this is based on ethnicity, faith, sexuality, disability, age or gender...simples!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Beradogs wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:18 pm
Redcard has given a right wing view that millions of people in this country hold. Nothing more. Banning him/her is daft. Oh well, the left still not learned any lessons and wonder why nobody votes for them.
Like I’m going to take guidance from you on what is unacceptable.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »