Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by faldO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:10 am
Edit: Just messaged a family member in Sydney NSW and a business colleague in Perth WA. Both have confirmed that the App. DOES work (albeit the T's and C's are a minefield, so put many people off installing it).
Thanks for that, interesting.

My husband's Aunt lives on the Isle of Wight, small place not far from Shanklin. Gave her a quick call and she confirmed the UK's app works well, bit hard to install initially but fine apart from that.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

faldO wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:18 am
NuneatonO's wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:10 am
Edit: Just messaged a family member in Sydney NSW and a business colleague in Perth WA. Both have confirmed that the App. DOES work (albeit the T's and C's are a minefield, so put many people off installing it).
Thanks for that, interesting.

My husband's Aunt lives on the Isle of Wight, small place not far from Shanklin. Gave her a quick call and she confirmed the UK's app works well, bit hard to install initially but fine apart from that.
Thanks Thor.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

So the Chinese have now released information confirming the virus did NOT originate in the wuhan wet market. All tests on animals proved negative.

Slowly but surely I will be proved right.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The government told us the app would be rolled out in mid-May.....this was in late April/early May.
It is now 3 days before the start of June....and no app, so obviously, there have been problems with the app, and anyone who says anything different is naive.
I suspect, 2 weeks from now, there still wont be an app, and possibly never.
The government lies and lies about absolutely everything, and this is just another thing
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:10 pm The government told us the app would be rolled out in mid-May.....this was in late April/early May.
It is now 3 days before the start of June....and no app, so obviously, there have been problems with the app, and anyone who says anything different is naive.
I suspect, 2 weeks from now, there still wont be an app, and possibly never.
The government lies and lies about absolutely everything, and this is just another thing
Meanwhile, the killing continues.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:06 am
Dohnut wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:08 am Seriously have any of you ever been involved in the launch of a major project? Clearly not. Not to mention one that has been implemented very quickly.
Personally, I have been involved in many major projects over the years (both here and abroad) - not that your question has any relevance whatsoever with the incompetence demonstrated by this Tory Government.

For comparison, let's look at the following snapshot then:

Australia
Isolation for incoming passengers - 28th March
Lockdown restrictions (varying across Territories) - 29th March
Tracing App ready and downloaded - 26th April

Singapore
Restriction of incoming passengers (primarily Singapore Nationals) or even those transiting - 24th March
Partial lockdown restrictions (due to a slight second spike) - 10th April
Tracing App ready and downloaded - 20th March

United Kingdom
Restrictions for incoming passengers - 8th June - so still not in place!
Lockdown restrictions (for us plebs anyway) - 24th March - after ’22 days of dither and delay’ (as stated even by the Tory Sunday Times).
Tracing App - STILL WAITING.......watch this space for an actual date as no doubt, the Govt. deadline is due to be missed. This, following ineffectual trials on the Isle of Wight; and reports yesterday of technical issues and staff not fully trained for the rollout.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... nd-of-june

Meanwhile, the UK has an appalling rate of infections and deaths - lest we forget, the second highest in the World:
https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c25 ... 8ffde71bf0

If you are seriously attempting to defend this incompetent, lying Tory Government, then you Sir are blinkered, brainwashed; or very possibly both.
As you are quite obviously to the left of the labour party, to prove you don't just blindly slag off anything that isn't Labour Policy. Can you name a couple of Polices from another party that you think are good ideas.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

It's fast becoming a dictatorship.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 pm It's fast becoming a dictatorship.
What is? The Labour Party? The Tories? Or coronavirus?
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

This wretched government, need you ask. You are obviously a Tory disciple, so please, stop showing your ignorance.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Can we all not just agree at this point. The World is largely being run by some of the most Useless, Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Dictators, Wanna Be Dictators, Crime infested, Out of touch Grifters and Bullshit artists the World has ever seen apart from the 30's and early 40's and most of them happen to be men again.

If we had real leadership, I would suggest, "The World" would be in a much better place.

If you get a chance, Please watch "Our Planet". This may very well be David Attenborough's farewell documentary to the world. It is breathtaking but at the same time frightening. Some of the scenes are quite distressing. Perhaps, we could all do our bit and make it a planet that can be enjoyed for the future generations. We have a chance now and we need to grab it with both arms. We have to find ways to help the Planet but not to burden those who are finding it difficult to make ends meat. Hopefully, we will have learned alot and we will be better people for it and the Planet can benefit too. I think this Pandemic has been a real wake up call. The alarm bells alive been ringing and they still are.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

DonaldRocks wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:15 pm Can we all not just agree at this point. The World is largely being run by some of the most Useless, Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Dictators, Wanna Be Dictators, Crime infested, Out of touch Grifters and Bullshit artists the World has ever seen apart from the 30's and early 40's and most of them happen to be men again.

If we had real leadership, I would suggest, "The World" would be in a much better place.

If you get a chance, Please watch "Our Planet". This may very well be David Attenborough's farewell documentary to the world. It is breathtaking but at the same time frightening. Some of the scenes are quite distressing. Perhaps, we could all do our bit and make it a planet that can be enjoyed for the future generations. We have a chance now and we need to grab it with both arms. We have to find ways to help the Planet but not to burden those who are finding it difficult to make ends meat. Hopefully, we will have learned alot and we will be better people for it and the Planet can benefit too. I think this Pandemic has been a real wake up call. The alarm bells alive been ringing and they still are.
I agree with the last para but not the first. The problems this beautiful planet faces are by and large because there are too many people on it.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

faldO wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:28 pm
DonaldRocks wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:15 pm Can we all not just agree at this point. The World is largely being run by some of the most Useless, Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Dictators, Wanna Be Dictators, Crime infested, Out of touch Grifters and Bullshit artists the World has ever seen apart from the 30's and early 40's and most of them happen to be men again.

I agree with the last para but not the first. The problems this beautiful planet faces are by and large because there are too many people on it.
Too many greedy Tories is the populations problem for sure.

Killing us all with the disease they could have done so much more to prevent.

Blood on their hands.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:32 pm

Too many greedy Tories is the populations problem for sure.

Killing us all with the disease they could have done so much more to prevent.

Blood on their hands.
Drunken meltdown approaching...
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Man. Seek help.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

DonaldRocks wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Man. Seek help.
Do you even know what David Attenborough believes in:

“All our environmental problems become easier to solve with fewer people, and harder — and ultimately impossible — to solve with ever more people.”

– Sir David Attenborough, Population Matters patron

Don't quote the great man and then blame it all on some nonsense rant about world leaders.

Come back when you've done some proper research.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Are you on somebody's payroll? What is your hope or plan for the "too many people in the world" concept? Does it mean you think that the virus is a good thing and will kill of alot of people?

Offcourse, rising populations have put a serious strain on the Planet but how does the Planet adapt to these strains?

I've somehow not been able to follow your argument.
Last edited by DonaldRocks on Sat May 30, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

faldO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 am
DonaldRocks wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Man. Seek help.
Do you even know what David Attenborough believes in:

“All our environmental problems become easier to solve with fewer people, and harder — and ultimately impossible — to solve with ever more people.”

– Sir David Attenborough, Population Matters patron

Don't quote the great man and then blame it all on some nonsense rant about world leaders.

Come back when you've done some proper research.
Cannot understand why he is so uptight about population growth. He will be gone by the middle of next week, so why does a GREAT philosopher like him even care.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

DonaldRocks wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:35 am Are you on somebody's payroll? What is your hope or plan for the "too many people in the world" concept? Does it mean you think that the virus is a good thing and will kill of alot of people?

Offcourse, rising populations have put a serious strain on the Planet but how does the Planet adapt to these strains?

I've somehow not been able to follow your argument.
Not on anybody's payroll. I have no answer or solution to the "too many people in the world" question, given that each person alive on the planet has as equal a right to be alive as the next.

But that doesn't mean it is not a very serious problem, which Attenborough recognises.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Possibly the best post of the year. I agree with everything you say, trouble is those that lead or live in the shadows do not care one iota about what you say and that's why we are in the mess we are in right now.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

DonaldRocks wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:15 pm The alarm bells alive been ringing and they still are.
Unfortunately, it isn't just the narcissist World Leaders that are the problem.

In many democracies, it's the people who vote them into office; with their eyes closed; and their hands clasped firmly over their ears - because they don't want to hear the ringing.

Look no further than some on this forum!
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Covid-19 spreading too fast to lift lockdown in England – Sage advisers
Scientist says 8,000 daily coronavirus infections makes relaxing restrictions too risky

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ge-adviser

With restrictions being eased and Primary Schools back to normal on Monday, what was someone saying about the Etonian Spaffer and his Circus of :clown :clown :clown 'listening to/being guided by the Science'?

Meanwhile......
'Something to hide': government accused over Covid-19 tests
Number of people tested for coronavirus for seventh day running has not been disclosed

(Quote) "The government has failed to disclose the number of people tested for Covid-19 for the seventh day running, prompting criticism from senior scientists who said this risked a perception that there is “something to hide”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... d-19-tests

Oh well.........I'm sure that the Test and Trace scheme will sort everything out next week.

This incompetent, lying f₩€£ing Tory Government are an utter disgrace to humanity! :evil:
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Eton still off.🤔
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 am Covid-19 spreading too fast to lift lockdown in England – Sage advisers
Scientist says 8,000 daily coronavirus infections makes relaxing restrictions too risky

With restrictions being eased and Primary Schools back to normal on Monday, what was someone saying about the Etonian Spaffer and his Circus of :clown :clown :clown 'listening to/being guided by the Science'?

Meanwhile......
'Something to hide': government accused over Covid-19 tests
Number of people tested for coronavirus for seventh day running has not been disclosed

(Quote) "The government has failed to disclose the number of people tested for Covid-19 for the seventh day running, prompting criticism from senior scientists who said this risked a perception that there is “something to hide”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... d-19-tests

Oh well.........I'm sure that the Test and Trace scheme will sort everything out next week.

This incompetent, lying f₩€£ing Tory Government are an utter disgrace to humanity! :evil:
Read that this morning. Not enough has been made of this imo and the Cummings story has acted as a cover.

I posted at the time that the R rate hasn’t moved so why start raising restrictions now? It will be so depressing if we had to do this lockdown all over again in July until next year because the tories are more worried about the economy than human life.

Taking the scientific advice, bollocks.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 am Covid-19 spreading too fast to lift lockdown in England – Sage advisers

Good to see some schools ignoring the unions and getting back to opening:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coro ... -gzp936n7m

Going back to school in some limited fashion has to be the right decision. If it doesn't work then change it, but are you really suggesting everyone has to stay indoors until the virus is fully under control or a vaccine available - it could and probably will be months or, as per the first Guardian article you quote above, might be never.

The same article simply highlights that there are differences of opinion in Sage and (being guided by) the science is not binary.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 am
DonaldRocks wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:15 pm The alarm bells alive been ringing and they still are.
Unfortunately, it isn't just the narcissist World Leaders that are the problem.

In many democracies, it's the people who vote them into office; with their eyes closed; and their hands clasped firmly over their ears - because they don't want to hear the ringing.

Look no further than some on this forum!

Don't worry, I've been paying attention.