Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Dunners »

StillSpike wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:13 pm Has this been discussed?

https://evolvepolitics.com/tory-housing ... Tr4g3-o8fw

Seems terribly damning if true, but nothing leads to any consequence with this lot, it seems.

Also reported in the times, in case Evolvepolitics is seen as biased

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bias ... -kxgw67jlj
Yes. Not on here, but it's something I'm involved with in real life. Jenrick is proper slippery, and he's up to all manner of stuff. Gavin Barwell used to be a bit of a spiv, but he knew his brief and could be relied upon to make some reasonable decisions at times (aside from ignoring the building advice warnings which, had he not done so, could have prevented Grenfell - but hey). But Jenrick is purely on the make and barely makes any attempt to conceal it.

Apart from my employment I also Chair an umbrella organisation which requires regular discussions with government (MHCLG and Homes England). This guy has been angling for ages to open up markets within the UK social housing sector. He was floating all manner of ideas down through discussion forums which were in direct contravention of MHCLG's capital funding guide.

At first we all thought he may be a bit thick, but then all of a sudden a glut of for-profit housing providers started to get registered. And they all sat outside Homes England's oversight, so could do whatever they wanted. The next thing, a load of American investment funds decide to invest £billions across these new for-profits. And what housing products are these new companies developing - yep, all those crazy ideas which the UK sector is unable to adopt (not that we'd want to) due to government regulations.

We've been trying to raise this issue for the last year and a bit. We've got a few journalists on board, but it's just not sexy and there's more glamorous stuff happening. Of all people, we even managed to get Esther McVey on side. She actually got it and it led to her and Jenrick falling out, hence why she was jettisoned in the last reshuffle.

So, watch out for this one. He'll avoid too much scrutiny over this story, but there are others waiting to be revealed.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Appalling !

How anyone can defend this lot is utterly beyond me - but the numbers still seem to be in their favour. Must be that shiny thing they dangled - still, I'm sure they'll get that done to the benefit of the people in this country (although that would make it unique, among the things they do). Nah! It'll be alright, I'm sure.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Numbers will fall soon Enough

Once the Repayments of £39 Billion + debt start to kick in
The Shiny won't seem so impressive .
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Everything in todays briefing sounded so hollow there was almost an echo.

Mikero
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Less than 6 Months in and the Etonian Spaffer :clown appears to be spaffing his majority into future oblivion:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... 6_May_2020

I'm sure it will all get better after Brexit! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

Compliance with this test & trace thing is, apparently, our 'civic duty'.

Mr Cummings' actions suggest otherwise.

Feck off, Hancock.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Plenty of 'highlights' from our dear leader in front of the liaison committee. But our actual Prime Minister, a man who has made two careers out of bashing foreigners for being on the scrounge, has no idea of his government's own policy of no recourse to public funds for people on leave to remain visas. I know he prides himself on not being a details person but he voted for every deliberately nasty provision in the immigration bill when he could be arsed to turn up.

NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

He's absolutely clueless, isn't he.

I wonder when people are going to wake up and realise that they've voted for an incompetent, blustering 'celebrity'; rather than a credible, informed Prime Minister?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 am He's absolutely clueless, isn't he.

I wonder when people are going to wake up and realise that they've voted for an incompetent, blustering 'celebrity'; rather than a credible, informed Prime Minister?
You sound quite blue, nun.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Another bent Tory - Robert Jenrick.

Admits an unlawful action - yet the Etonian Spaffer obviously won't sack him either. Lying and deceit appear to be a pre-requisite for being part of this current Tory Government.

Seriously, how can anyone continue to support this utter SCUM?

For those who voted Tory, please be honest............happy with your decision still?

Minister accepts Isle of Dogs housing development 'was unlawful'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52826751

Robert Jenrick’s accepted that his approval of one-time Conservative-supporting billionaire Richard Desmond’s project at the Isle of Dogs was unlawful.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... id-40m-hit

Robert Jenrick showed ‘apparent bias’ in approving Conservative Party donor’s housing development
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 34941.html

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Boris Johnston has just said on Live National Television

" I have NO CHOICE , but to be involved in POLITICS ".

What kind of C*nt is he ?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:11 pm Another bent Tory - Robert Jenrick.

Admits an unlawful action - yet the Etonian Spaffer obviously won't sack him either. Lying and deceit appear to be a pre-requisite for being part of this current Tory Government.

Seriously, how can anyone continue to support this utter SCUM?

For those who voted Tory, please be honest............happy with your decision still?

Minister accepts Isle of Dogs housing development 'was unlawful'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52826751

Robert Jenrick’s accepted that his approval of one-time Conservative-supporting billionaire Richard Desmond’s project at the Isle of Dogs was unlawful.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... id-40m-hit

Robert Jenrick showed ‘apparent bias’ in approving Conservative Party donor’s housing development
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 34941.html

When considering the decision to vote Tory it’s worth reflecting on the choice available at the time. Frankly Johnson was by far the best of a bad bunch. Care is always needed when accusing one party of dodgy dealings. Plenty of dodgy stuff in both parties.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Dohnut wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:06 pm When considering the decision to vote Tory it’s worth reflecting on the choice available at the time. Frankly Johnson was by far the best of a bad bunch. Care is always needed when accusing one party of dodgy dealings. Plenty of dodgy stuff in both parties.
Why was Johnson 'by far the best' then - what inspired you exactly?

- His lies and sackings whilst a journalist?

- His plot to have a journalist beat up?

- His racist comments - remember piccannies and Muslim letterboxes?

- His repeated failure to inform Parliament of his financial interests?

- His madcap schemes whilst Major of London - that wasted hundreds of thousands of tax-payers' dosh?

- His lies to his consitituents over fighting expansion at Heathrow?

- His proven lies during the Brexit Referendum campaign (does £350M and Turkey ring any bells)?

- His sheer incompetence whilst Foreign Secretary (remember Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe)?

- His disloyalty to partners, their children and obvious inability to stay faithful?

Or do you just prefer blonde bimbos?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-28/it ... ronavirus/

So it was the plan all along to use care homes. Nothing surprises me as to the level this government will go.

But still some on here defend them...
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... oronavirus

They truly are lying scum, aren't they. :evil:
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Dohnut wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:06 pm
When considering the decision to vote Tory it’s worth reflecting on the choice available at the time. Frankly Johnson was by far the best of a bad bunch.
Proof if any proof had been needed that the username fits, albeit a kindly way to describe thick and stupid.

Johnson is quite dim and totally amoral.

His failure to act responsibly has already cost many thousands of lives. In order to still keep himself in this position he makes false claims, silences awkward questions, lies to the public. Without his puppet master Cummings he is nothing. No wonder he is desperately clinging on to him regardless of costs to the country, millions of people and the 'international standing and perception of this country'. Johnson has turned us into a 'banana republic'.

Those who voted for Johnson really don't seem to have awareness of what his master's objectives are!
Last edited by E10EU on Thu May 28, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

As things are going: the only way this country can escape from the insanity and destruction caused by Johnson and his master Cummings is for more of the Tory MPs to grow balls! Surely, they can't all be supporting Johnson as the desperately inadequate human being turned dictator?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

E10EU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:20 pm
Dohnut wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:06 pm
When considering the decision to vote Tory it’s worth reflecting on the choice available at the time. Frankly Johnson was by far the best of a bad bunch.
Proof if any proof had been needed that the username fits, albeit a kindly way to describe thick and stupid.

Johnson is quite dim and totally amoral.

His failure to act responsibly has already cost many thousands of lives. In order to still keep himself in this position he makes false claims, silences awkward questions, lies to the public. Without his puppet master Cummings he is nothing.

Those who voted for Johnson really don't seem to have awareness of what his master's objectives are!
The really dim are those who think Corbyn would have been any better. He after all very quickly ignored guidelines. Great role model. Worse than Cummings in fact.

I’m not defending Johnson or any other world leader, but people need to look at the global situation and what is happening everywhere. This is a Global issue and quite unique. Mistakes have been made and not only by Johnson. I seem to recall the 500,000 deaths prediction. His actions have saved lives too. That is beyond dispute.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Dohnut wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:50 pm The really dim are those who think Corbyn would have been any better. He after all very quickly ignored guidelines. Great role model. Worse than Cummings in fact.

I’m not defending Johnson or any other world leader, but people need to look at the global situation and what is happening everywhere. This is a Global issue and quite unique. Mistakes have been made and not only by Johnson. I seem to recall the 500,000 deaths prediction. His actions have saved lives too. That is beyond dispute.
Wow! Every single sentence of this proves ignorance, stupidity and total lack of awareness.

Good god! This poster actually claims that Johnson saved lives !!!! When the death toll in the UK hit eyewatering records.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Dohnut wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:50 pm The really dim are those who think Corbyn would have been any better. He after all very quickly ignored guidelines. Great role model. Worse than Cummings in fact.

Totally irrelevant question about Corbyn as he isn't leading the Government. That's just a p!ss-poor attempt at deflection.

Johnsons' actions have saved lives? Like what exactly?

- His failure to attend five important Cobra Meeting about the Pandemic?
- His inability to introduce Lockdown when he should have done - to even quote the Tory Sunday Times - ’22 days of dither and delay’.
- Purchasing 250 Ventilators - that didn't work?
- Purchasing 400,000 pieces of PPE - that didn't work?
- Purchasing 3.5 Million Coronavirus Testing Kits - that didn't work?
- Putting elderly patients from hospitals into care homes - without any Covid-19 testing?
- His lack of clear communication?

I could go on. However, you never replied to my list earlier about why you thought Johnson was the best choice for the job.

I doubt that you will respond meaningfully to the above points either.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:25 am

Totally irrelevant question about Corbyn as he isn't leading the Government. That's just a p!ss-poor attempt at deflection.

- His inability to introduce Lockdown when he should have done - to even quote the Tory Sunday Times - ’22 days of dither and delay’.
- Putting elderly patients from hospitals into care homes - without any Covid-19 testing?

I could go on. However, you never replied to my list earlier about why you thought Johnson was the best choice for the job.

Game, Set, Match
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

I always thought that 'shaking hands with a covid patient' should be added to that list, it nearly killed him.

Miero
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:25 am

What people do is look at the U.K. and for sure it’s been far from perfect. But when you look further afield, including protests in Germany over PPE, remember their and Frances naked protest, what becomes obvious that this is a global problem. many Governments have come under fire. And rightly so.

Of course we can reflect on the fact that the NHS never actually ran out of ventilators, never ran out of beds and at no time was the NHS unable to treat infected people in need. Id say that is quite an achievement.

Care homes were given early guidance and the decisions to move people were made by clinicians. Given my personal experience with a care home virus controls, Lax is a word that springs to mind. Long before Covid-19.

Of course there have been screw ups, given the scale of the problem it it unreasonable to assume people involved in procurement won’t make mistakes. Of course some decisions will be wrong. People wanting perfection will be disappointed.

Had we followed the route Sweden adopted the death toll modelling suggested up to 500,000 deaths. Why the strategy was changed. As it was in France. Should we have avoided Herd approach immediately? Who knows. Data was scarce. Was in Aus when this was discussed there at length. Their experts disagreed massively on the best approach. They didn’t shut schools nor go into lockdown quickly. Nobody really knew what was best. Things changed by the day. Decisions taken on the best available data.

The real issue is this has given the Boris bashers an ideal opportunity, the Tory haters a chance to vent their dislike. Picking on the bad whilst ignoring the reality.

Always remember the Financial crisis. People bleating on about it’s not Labours fault, it’s a Global crisis. The same people now most likely who want to ignore the fact that this is a truly global crisis and have a go at the Tories. Funny old world.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

It’s a weird old world when making a very simple point about how abysmal the opposition were gets you shot down in a fit of interspazz fury