Dont Google it! Ask The Forum.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Dont Google it! Ask The Forum.

Post by Dunners »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am What's a good cure for sciatica?

Judging by the demographics on here I'd imagine a few have been in the same boat
Lots of pull-ups. Followed by hanging from your feet for a while. Both really stretch out your back.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Dunners wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am What's a good cure for sciatica?

Judging by the demographics on here I'd imagine a few have been in the same boat
Lots of pull-ups. Followed by hanging from your feet for a while. Both really stretch out your back.
Thanks but I'm taller than all my door frames and the gym's shut ☹
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

No problem. To be fair, that advice is probably rubbish anyway.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:03 pm
p*ss take. They are just tying to hold on for cash flow and hoping people just give up.

I wasn’t told a time and then 28 working days. Which is today. I’m sure the law states they have a week to refund flights and 2 for package holidays. I’d google it but I’m not allowed
Would you prefer airlines to be forced to refund all their customers immediately and go bust, leaving you permanently out of pocket?

I’m no fan of airlines (actually am waiting on a refund for flights myself), but from a business perspective this makes sense
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:33 am
p*ss take. They are just tying to hold on for cash flow and hoping people just give up.

I wasn’t told a time and then 28 working days. Which is today. I’m sure the law states they have a week to refund flights and 2 for package holidays. I’d google it but I’m not allowed
Would you prefer airlines to be forced to refund all their customers immediately and go bust, leaving you permanently out of pocket?

I’m no fan of airlines (actually am waiting on a refund for flights myself), but from a business perspective this makes sense
Funny you should say that, because in this case, yes. RyanAir are scum. After saying they processed the refund, then saying it was 28 days, then saying it was 28 working days and now ive had to take another 2 hours out of my day to contact them and they cannot give me any date or timeline as to when i will get MY money. They've already broken the law, which doesn't seem to matter and i could get my money tomorrow, or in 5 years, who knows. At least i'm giving a private company cashflow though. And they had the cheek to get a loan from the government, which i'm also partly paying for.

I'd be sad for their staff but would be relatively content losing £500 if the rat that owns that company loses all his money.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:09 am
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:33 am

Funny you should say that, because in this case, yes. RyanAir are scum. After saying they processed the refund, then saying it was 28 days, then saying it was 28 working days and now ive had to take another 2 hours out of my day to contact them and they cannot give me any date or timeline as to when i will get MY money. They've already broken the law, which doesn't seem to matter and i could get my money tomorrow, or in 5 years, who knows. At least i'm giving a private company cashflow though. And they had the cheek to get a loan from the government, which i'm also partly paying for.

I'd be sad for their staff but would be relatively content losing £500 if the rat that owns that company loses all his money.
The largest shareholder in Ryanair Holdings owns 7.14% of the company
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I’m currently suffering my first ever bout of this, and it’s a right, er, pain in the arse (and leg). Sadly, the answer is “it depends”. Sciatic discomfort is a symptom of an underlying issue, and that needs to be identified to get the palliative and corrective stretches right. Which is difficult right now with virtually no access to a physio or a CT scan anytime soon. Going on youtube shows you lots of different, mostly Yank, physical therapists, and every bloody one of them has different ideas about what you must do and, infuriatingly, usually tell you to avoid at all costs what the others suggest.

The good news is it should normally ease off after a month or two, and then you can sign up for regular yoga/pilates to do some proper back/core strengthening and stretching to help stop it coming back. And then try to get off your newly acquired codeine addiction...
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

slacker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 am
I’m currently suffering my first ever bout of this, and it’s a right, er, pain in the arse (and leg). Sadly, the answer is “it depends”. Sciatic discomfort is a symptom of an underlying issue, and that needs to be identified to get the palliative and corrective stretches right. Which is difficult right now with virtually no access to a physio or a CT scan anytime soon. Going on youtube shows you lots of different, mostly Yank, physical therapists, and every bloody one of them has different ideas about what you must do and, infuriatingly, usually tell you to avoid at all costs what the others suggest.

The good news is it should normally ease off after a month or two, and then you can sign up for regular yoga/pilates to do some proper back/core strengthening and stretching to help stop it coming back. And then try to get off your newly acquired codeine addiction...
Cheers, my case is less severe and seems to be brought on by long periods of being sedentary, therefore the solution seems obvious
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

That's what watching banks of CCTV monitors gets you.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Dunners wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 pm That's what watching banks of CCTV monitors gets you.
Heh :)
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

slacker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 am

As a rule of thumb, it’s best to avoid physios on YouTube and Instagram who confuse you with overly complicated jargon. Most of them are complete chancers.

There are a few excellent ones though, and this is by far the best video I’ve seen on the subject- hopefully you’ll find it helpful too:

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

How can I stop my lawn from being so dusty?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Water it.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:14 pm How can I stop my lawn from being so dusty?
Orange Juice

Rip it up and start again
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Are all the borders who are swearing quite a lot being issued with warnings?

Asking for a friend?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No. Why would they be?
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

What's best Dairy Milk or Galaxy? Can't decide
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Constanza wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm What's best Dairy Milk or Galaxy? Can't decide
Kimberley Biscuits

Why are you even asking ?
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

Thor wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:39 pm
Asking for a friend?
You have friends?
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Paddy Grealish wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 pm
Thor wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:39 pm
Asking for a friend?
You have friends?
His own aliases.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Serious question. I normally buy my trainers from Asda or Tesco for £15 or thereabouts. They're lightweight and ideal for summertime and I get many miles out of them. I do get infuriated though (ask Mrs C) with the way the laces are always done up. No sane person would lace their shoes this way and you have to haul out about 4 feet of laces and do them up properly. I realise they probably pay some Bangladeshi kid 10p a day to lace them up in the first place, but why don't they tell him to do it properly? Is there a reason for this bizarre lacing style?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

How do you mean? are they laced criss cross [sideways] xxxxx [/sideways] or straight across [sideways] IIII [/sideways]
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Used to rethread mine to make them straight, don't bother now.

Also worth a look at the laces you can get with a toggle if you find the whole tying laces thing a pain.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I bought some of those hickies (I am 56) for my last pair of trainers. Bit of a pain in the arse to do but then make slipping them on easy. Not sure I'd recommend, tho.