Boris Bottles it

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Boris Bottles it

Post by PoundhillO »

banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 pm
banqo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:41 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm Cowardly and utterly depressing.

Also pretty scary that the government can literally do anything without being held to account.

The scariest thing though is that if there was an election tomorrow, people would still vote for this lot.
If that's right, it doesn't say much for the opposition does it??
Agree, to a point. They couldn’t have done this badly.
We will never know mate.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:10 pm And disrepects the peoples will

Disgraceful

Whats sickening is they called corbyn out over not

"Listening to the people ".

They arent here to look after any of us

Not the poor not the working class not the middle class .

Just the Rich Elitists.

I call for all Pubs to be opened right now
All Football to resume by those who wish to partake .
All life to return to normal today.

In Sweden the lockdown was not used as there
Government were clear on policy & the population understood .

We want Herd immunity
People will die & it will be difficult .
But it is a risk we are prepared to deal with.

We in the U.K have Lies we have uncertainty we have incompetence
Shameful Shameful Shameful.
How did Boris bottle it? He was only asked one question by the media today. Is that really the only thing that matters? Where were the questions about
The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders
Facing the massive problems facing the entertainment business

Obviously, in the media’s narrow minded point scoring agenda , the possible wrong doings of one man are more important than everything else. I care for our country and am not really interested in whether Cummings was right or wrong. We need to concentrate on what is best for our country not wasting time on one man.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm Cowardly and utterly depressing.

Also pretty scary that the government can literally do anything without being held to account.

The scariest thing though is that if there was an election tomorrow, people would still vote for this lot.
Seems to me then that the opposition are pretty useless then
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Winchesterfan wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm How did Boris bottle it? He was only asked one question by the media today. Is that really the only thing that matters? Where were the questions about
The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders

Obviously, in the media’s narrow minded point scoring agenda , the possible wrong doings of one man are more important than everything else. I care for our country and am not really interested in whether Cummings was right or wrong. We need to concentrate on what is best for our country not wasting time on one man.
Are you seriously taking the p!ss? :D

Have you been hiding under a rock? :lol:

The Etonian Spaffer and his circus of :clown :clown :clown have been asked these questions countless times, over the past weeks. All that journalists, M.P.'s, interviewers, etc. get in response, is either a pack of lies or utter bullsh!t.

Opening borders? WTF! We've never bloody closed them! :shock:

The fact you are not really interested in what Cummings did wrong (he certainly didn't do any 'right') oh so aptly demonstrates the brainwashed mindset of a Tory supporter.

Truly, truly unbelievable.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Boris: Tick, Tick.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Winchesterfan wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:10 pm And disrepects the peoples will

Disgraceful

Whats sickening is they called corbyn out over not

"Listening to the people ".

They arent here to look after any of us

Not the poor not the working class not the middle class .

Just the Rich Elitists.

I call for all Pubs to be opened right now
All Football to resume by those who wish to partake .
All life to return to normal today.

In Sweden the lockdown was not used as there
Government were clear on policy & the population understood .

We want Herd immunity
People will die & it will be difficult .
But it is a risk we are prepared to deal with.

We in the U.K have Lies we have uncertainty we have incompetence
Shameful Shameful Shameful.
How did Boris bottle it? He was only asked one question by the media today. Is that really the only thing that matters? Where were the questions about
The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders

Eton & the like have already said there not re-opening untill Septamber.

There the only schools he cares for
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

HeyO wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:20 pm Boris: Tick, Tick.
Tory backbenchers are already sharpening their knives. He'll be gone soon.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

188,000 signatures

150k was the target.
If it gets to a million in the next couple of days
i think Bojo may have to think again .
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:17 pm
Winchesterfan wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm How did Boris bottle it? He was only asked one question by the media today. Is that really the only thing that matters? Where were the questions about
The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders

The Etonian Spaffer and his circus of :clown :clown :clown have been asked these questions countless times, over the past weeks. All that journalists, M.P.'s, interviewers, etc. get in response, is either a pack of lies or utter bullsh!t.

The fact you are not really interested in what Cummings did wrong (he certainly didn't do any 'right') oh so aptly demonstrates the brainwashed mindset of a Tory supporter.

Not taking p?ss

Not hiding anywhere

So they have been asked countless times. Is that all that matters, no other questions about the state of the country worth asking?

Borders, if not closed how do you leave the country now and then return? In two weeks time you’ll need to self isolate on return for two weeks. That’s a very tough demand on a business man, let alone a family. Worth questioning surely?

Of course I’m interested in knowing what Cummings did/did not do. But my point is that are his actions really the most important item we should be addressing? 36,000 dead, worst recession looming, unemployment rising aren’t these more important questions to ask and find out what the government intends to do?

I agree, you are truly, truly unbelievable
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:02 am
The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders

Not taking p?ss

Not hiding anywhere

So they have been asked countless times. Is that all that matters, no other questions about the state of the country worth asking?

Borders, if not closed how do you leave the country now and then return? In two weeks time you’ll need to self isolate on return for two weeks. That’s a very tough demand on a business man, let alone a family. Worth questioning surely?

Of course I’m interested in knowing what Cummings did/did not do. But my point is that are his actions really the most important item we should be addressing? 36,000 dead, worst recession looming, unemployment rising aren’t these more important questions to ask and find out what the government intends to do?

Head in sand.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders

Not taking p?ss

Not hiding anywhere

Winch me old mucker, not your finest hour here.
:lol:
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

The NHS
Getting schools back
Opening borders

Not taking p?ss

Not hiding anywhere

As far as the economy and a recession is concerned, there is information from Sunak and the Bank of England on this.

If Johnson or his array of disingenuous spokespeople were asked questions about the economy, what do you honestly think they'd say?

As for business people returning to the UK and needing to self-isolate for 2 weeks upon return. Most other Countries brought in a self-isolation process, upon arrival, months ago? This would have affected any traveller from the UK.

It also begs the obvious question - why didn't the Country, with the second highest number of Covid-19 deaths, implement this same strategy months ago, instead of after June 8th?

In the bigger scheme of things, maybe the creep Cummings isn't the most important question. Mine would be:

- Why weren't we better prepared having had months of pre-warning? We were given 60 ventilators by the German Army, that they had going spare - such was the state of our under-equipped NHS.
- Why did our most vulnerable people get put into Care Homes; with no testing or isolation whatsoever upon arrival?
- Why did testing and tracing stop Mid-March?
- Why have frontline NHS staff (including my Wife and Brother-in-Law) not had adequate PPE during this Pandemic?

On top of this:
- Who was responsible for the purchase of 250 ventilators that didn't work; the purchase of 3.5 Million testing kits and hundreds of thousands of pieces of PPE that were utterly useless?
- Why haven't the Tory Party offered cross-party and union engagement to take matters forward, at a time of national emergency?
- Why has communication to the public been so poorly delivered and contradictory?

I could go on.

I don't doubt that you are worried about the economy - I would guess most of us are. From our perspectives, we're worried more for younger people and families rather than ourselves. Personally, I'm preparing for redundancy to be honest; and at 56, don't imagine my future work opportunities will be very rosy.

Do you know what though? We don't give a toss. We can get by on very little; money has never been that important. Material possessions even less so. The main thing is that by the Grace of God, our family has so far survived this Pandemic; particularly my Wife; who has been put at incredibly high risk, almost daily, for months now.

Anyway, rant over. I wish you well dear chap.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The argument that we should be focused on more important things is 100% correct.

And that’s the problem.

If the government do the right thing, like they did with other government advisors who did the same thing, and nipped this in the bud by sacking him within an hour of confirming the story was true then we wouldn’t still be talking about it.

It’s not the media or the public’s fault that the government have spent more time on trying to squirm out of this and spinning lies to protect their mates.

Although, in a way, the government probably are a little thankful that it’s taken the heat off of their disastrous handling of this pandemic for one day.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:48 pm
188,000 signatures

150k was the target.
If it gets to a million in the next couple of days
i think Bojo may have to think again .
Over 252,000 now, if everyone puts it on Facebook or sends the link to all their contacts I believe it will hit a million within 24 hours.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

I don’t think Johnson has bottled it at all, tbh. He was never going to sack Cummings, not a chance. As someone else pointed out online, Johnson sacking Cummings is like Emu sacking Rod Hull. Cummings is far too important to Johnson, as Johnson himself is completely useless at actually doing anything on his own.

What’s really depressing about this is the way that Johnson has adopted Trump’s ploy of doubling down and denying everything, safe in the knowledge that people can’t actually do anything about it. His defence of Cummings yesterday saying that "In every respect, he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity," is absolutely laughable, or would be if it wasn’t so serious. He’s treating the people like mugs yet again; if a normal civilian had done this and been caught, they’d have been fined and turned back. Even a Tory MP said yesterday that he finds it hard to believe that in a city the size of London, Cummings wasn’t able to find alternative child care.

It’s symptomatic of the contempt in which Johnson holds the electorate, but he does it for a reason. If Johnson had dropped in a carrot yesterday at his press conference, like he was thinking of maybe reopening pubs at some point in the near future, then the front pages of the tabloids would have been full of that and the Cummings story would have been buried. I’m just surprised he didn’t actually do that.

All very depressing.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Lefties be like:

Monday - #ToryScum #ToryLies

Tuesday - reported this guy at work to HR cos he told my female colleague her green dress suited her #meToo

Wednesday - #ImpeachTrump

Thursday - disgraceful of Primark to have only men and women fitting rooms, don’t they recognise my non-binary identity? #everdaydiscrimination #allgendersmatter

Friday - tHe ElEctOrAtE iS tHiCk

Saturday - anyone who congratulates Adele for her weight loss is a great big FATphobe!!!!

Sunday - writing a letter to the BBC complaining that they asked Diane Abbot to do some simple maths. This was not only clear evidence of their Tory bias, but also racist and sexist. They wouldn’t ask a privileged white male that

Steps taken to improve their own lives in this time: none
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Sunday - writing a letter to the BBC complaining that they asked Diane Abbot to do some simple maths. This was not only clear evidence of their Tory bias, but also racist and sexist. They wouldn’t ask a privileged white male that

Then laughed at Priti Patel

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... ths-UK/amp

Then thinks
Righties be Like
Well shes not really BRITISH is she !
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The electorate is thick though tbf
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:14 pm Lefties be like:

Tuesday - reported this guy at work to HR cos he told my female colleague her green dress suited her #meToo

Thursday - disgraceful of Primark to have only men and women fitting rooms, don’t they recognise my non-binary identity? #everdaydiscrimination #allgendersmatter

Saturday - anyone who congratulates Adele for her weight loss is a great big FATphobe!!!!

Pathetic.

Yawn.

Next!
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

The electorate has always been thick. It was thick when Labour won elections and is thick when the Tories are winning elections. It’s something both parties have to deal with
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:29 pm The electorate has always been thick. It was thick when Labour won elections and is thick when the Tories are winning elections. It’s something both parties have to deal with
1 does it with respect
1 sh*ts on People .
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:14 pm Lefties be like:

So weird.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Still bottling it.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

HeyO wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 pm Still bottling it.

No real Suprise considering things .