Dominic Cummings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by point nine one eight »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:12 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:06 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Maybe you are not 1 of the abused then .

Ok you may not be the other side of the coin blinded by a view,
but possibly on the side waiting to decide which way to fall.

Anyway be well & safe from covid
But dont run to mummy & daddy like Dom did..
I tend to sit on the side and wait for more info then go with my first initial gut reaction, rarely fails
Mummy and Daddy both dead
Social Distancing not a problem, face mask and gloves be spatially aware, go out twice a day just walking, can if necessarily sit all day and do diddly squat or shift my arse, ask neighbours if they want anything at shops be generally a goofer, I can beat this virus easy peasy, I can sit it out more than it can sit me out, also helps that think I caught this thing back in early feb laid me out for 8 days, one son 5 days, other one escaped scot free, jammy dodger
See you back at footie soon, we will win easy just concentrate.
Yes but all those things were done while not having been in close contact with
people diagnosed with Covid 19 wether you think you had it or not..

Same boat for me with parents so not telling you to do it .
Just pointing out what the kitty dominic did.
Woman at partners firm caught it been in hospital a month now, some people at firm knew she had it but told others to keep quite,
I emailed local councillor who contacted Basildon Council who visited firm and put them right, silly firm, bring back union representation the working population needs protection, Zero hours contract a typical example
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:25 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:12 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:06 pm

I tend to sit on the side and wait for more info then go with my first initial gut reaction, rarely fails
Mummy and Daddy both dead
Social Distancing not a problem, face mask and gloves be spatially aware, go out twice a day just walking, can if necessarily sit all day and do diddly squat or shift my arse, ask neighbours if they want anything at shops be generally a goofer, I can beat this virus easy peasy, I can sit it out more than it can sit me out, also helps that think I caught this thing back in early feb laid me out for 8 days, one son 5 days, other one escaped scot free, jammy dodger
See you back at footie soon, we will win easy just concentrate.
Yes but all those things were done while not having been in close contact with
people diagnosed with Covid 19 wether you think you had it or not..

Same boat for me with parents so not telling you to do it .
Just pointing out what the kitty dominic did.
Woman at partners firm caught it been in hospital a month now, some people at firm knew she had it but told others to keep quite,
I emailed local councillor who contacted Basildon Council who visited firm and put them right, silly firm, bring back union representation the working population needs protection, Zero hours contract a typical example
Well they should have made sure your wifes firm was tested along with there families like
Johnson & Cummings
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Johnson is having a nightmare briefing.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

sh*t questions yet again, they should have coordinated to question what he knew and when and followed up on everything he refused to answer, did he go for trips out when he was up in Durham, completely against the guidance, and did he return to Durham after returning to London.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I noticed that Johnson didn't invite follow-up questions from any of the journalists, which Ministers usually do. That may have been to prevent such coordination. The look on some of their faces indicates that they were surprised to be getting cut off.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Seemed to be a bit of a dodgy connection for a few as well
Funny that innit.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

What are the odds that this is an intentional move to effectively end the lockdown and ongoing rows with teachers, unions etc?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:17 pm What are the odds that this is an intentional move to effectively end the lockdown and ongoing rows with teachers, unions etc?
Do you really think that the teachers unions won't see through this strategy - and tell this inept Govt. bollocks; in the same way that Wales, Scotland and N.I. have done?

It's now only the most sycophant tory supporters, who will believe anything spouted by this bunch of scum.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Officially we're still in lockdown, though enforcing this after this episode will be nigh on impossible. If Cummings doesn't get sacked many people will simply go "bollocks to Lockdown, the Tories break the rules as and when they want to with no comeback so we'll do the same".

The tragedy is that if lockdown is truly saving lives, then the government is clearly demonstrating that saving "one of their own" takes precedence over it. Once again, they are quite openly prepared to risk thousands of lives just to protect their mates. If we ever needed any more proof that they're morally corrupt then this is it.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I’ve a sneaky admiration for Cummings getting his paymasters to lie through their teeth for him, and front this one out. There. i’ve said it.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

BoniO wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:25 pm Officially we're still in lockdown, though enforcing this after this episode will be nigh on impossible. If Cummings doesn't get sacked many people will simply go "bollocks to Lockdown, the Tories break the rules as and when they want to with no comeback so we'll do the same".
I think a fair few people said bollocks to lockdown about 3 weeks ago if going on where I live is a fair reflection.

Just had a number of cars and about 30 people, adults and kids, gathered outside the front of my neighbours for about a hour for the end of Ramadan.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Cummings has been reported to the police by a teacher apparently , won't make any difference though 🤔🤔
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

This Cummings geezer is an insidious little maggot, just to look at him, he looks like a common-or-garden crook.
The government's senior advisor? blimey, I wouldn't let him wash my car, as he looks like he would probably steal it.
This is who Bumbly No, 1 relies on for advice, fcuk me, this government is already on it's knees.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

We are in the grips of, what could be, the biggest crisis the world has ever faced. The Government has, agree or disagree, done what it thinks best. There are so many unanswered questions, yet at the daily briefing today not one question was asked by the media about anything relevant except the alleged actions of a top advisor. Have the media really got their priorities right?

I am desperately worried about the future of the entertainment business, which is on its knees, and would like to know what the government are going to do before it disappears for ever. But no, the media decided one man was more important than finding this out or indeed any other problems we face. One question about Cummings would have been enough as it was blatantly obvious any variations on the Cummings problem were going to get the same answer no matter who asked it.

Can we adopt a more adult approach and ask questions about future government plans to get the country working again, rather than trying to score political points.

What is more important, a man doing what he thought was best for his family although possibly going against his own advice , or working out how to save our country from a major recession?
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:17 pm What are the odds that this is an intentional move to effectively end the lockdown and ongoing rows with teachers, unions etc?
Do you really think that the teachers unions won't see through this strategy - and tell this inept Govt. bollocks; in the same way that Wales, Scotland and N.I. have done?

It's now only the most sycophant tory supporters, who will believe anything spouted by this bunch of scum.
I would still vote for them, doesn't make me a sycophant though, the opposition would be far worse
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

BoniO wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:25 pm Officially we're still in lockdown, though enforcing this after this episode will be nigh on impossible. If Cummings doesn't get sacked many people will simply go "bollocks to Lockdown, the Tories break the rules as and when they want to with no comeback so we'll do the same".
What will people start doing that they are not already doing? We've already seen what is happening at beaches and in parks and beauty spots long before this weekend. It's already permitted to drive any distance anywhere for exercise.

I'm not going to suddenly start visiting family and putting my health and theirs at risk just because Cummings didn't get sacked.

I doubt this is over yet anyway. There is still the issue of the "second sighting" in Durham on 19th April. If that can be proved, not only would Cummings have to go, but Boris's position would be seriously under threat. He must be pretty confident that the second trip didn't take place.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

slacker wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:30 pm I’ve a sneaky admiration for Cummings getting his paymasters to lie through their teeth for him, and front this one out. There. i’ve said it.
You’re easily pleased.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

point nine one eight wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:45 pm I would still vote for them, doesn't make me a sycophant though, the opposition would be far worse
Why would the opposition have been far worse?

Where's your proof of that hypothetical brainfart then?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Police recieve formal complaint from retried teacher

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... m-11993781
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:09 pm Police recieve formal complaint from retried teacher

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... m-11993781
Parts of the story read like a comedy sketch.

However, no photographic evidence has been published, and the reports are based on the testimonies of two eyewitnesses.
One of them, Mr Lees, told Sky News he spotted Mr Cummings and his family walking by the River Tees near Barnard Castle.
"I saw somebody that looked like him on the 12 April and it just looked strange, as at that time there were not that many people out," he said.
Mr Lees says he has a "photographic memory".

There's no photographic evidence but Mr. Lees has a "photographic memory". That's handy.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 079700.amp

Hes getting abused by neighbours

Good on them
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:26 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 079700.amp

Good on them
Strange that there's no mention of "neighbours" in the story, just a crowd of onlookers.

Guaranteed to be activists bussed in by the Mirror.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

faldO wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:38 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:26 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 079700.amp

Good on them
Strange that there's no mention of "neighbours" in the story, just a crowd of onlookers.

Guaranteed to be activists bussed in by the Mirror.
Really
I thought we were only allowed out for Excercise Shopping & Work
Not Protests.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Don't forget trips to castles