Troy Deeney

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Troy Deeney

Post by Sid Bishop »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 pm It's an impossible profession to enforce social distancing in and it's not an essential job. It's that simple. This disease has the potential to end careers by causing permanent damage to the lungs. I'm amazed that this many players are comfortable returning to be honest.

Sid, you bang on about how much tougher it was in your day and how much less communally minded younger people are, yet seem to be incapable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes.
You are guessing, you do not know me personally and do not know what personal sacrifices i have had to make throughout my life to help others who have been suffering from illness or any number of awful problems. In actual fact, as people who KNOW me in person have many times said about me ''I am a person who always puts others FIRST before myself '' and that has always been one of my biggest problems ! I tend to go through personal hardship ( which does not matter too much to me, used to it ) in order to help others, be it by practical means or financial, that's how real life is for average everyday folk. As to me lacking empathy, completely WRONG, in actual fact I am always the first to help family, friends and strangers ! In real life for average working class people, life has to go on despite the many setbacks and disasters which life holds, including for some having to go to work away from home and be separated from your friends and family for months or years at a time despite it being at times when family problems and illness may be happening happening including of course both long and short term illness and problems of all kinds including dire financial ones. Enough said on this topic for me.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Ornchurch, well done, he is an idiot with an agenda. Wants to make it a color issue and now talks about earnings. Ignore him.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

My only agenda, is that I don't see why people on here can't get their head around the fact that players ( no matter how much they earn ) are reluctant to put their lives on the line, just to play a game of football. If what Ornchurch says is true- surely he can see the danger Covid 19 poses. I myself have lived a hermit like existence since March. I wouldn't want to put my life on the line for the likes of: Redcard, Ornchurch or Sid Bishop. If you are genuine and not WUM's, what the Hell is wrong with you guys?
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

What do you mean , you don’t want to put your life on line for the likes of me, what are you a n.h.s front line worker while I am out partying. You mug, I’ve been virtually housebound and been social distancing when out for essentials. Stop acting like the class clown.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

West Side Story wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm My only agenda, is that I don't see why people on here can't get their head around the fact that players ( no matter how much they earn ) are reluctant to put their lives on the line, just to play a game of football. If what Ornchurch says is true- surely he can see the danger Covid 19 poses. I myself have lived a hermit like existence since March. I wouldn't want to put my life on the line for the likes of: Redcard, Ornchurch or Sid Bishop. If you are genuine and not WUM's, what the Hell is wrong with you guys?
Don't forget me.
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:23 am
Paddy Grealish wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 am
point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 am

Any thing Sid says is far more interesting than what ever you could come up with.
You really are Sid's b*tch, chap. Does he use you as a footstool?

Presented with the opportunity to display your eloquent reply and you let your self down, the only thing you can do is abuse, you wont go far in the world like that, sad really
As it happens, I thought this was a post about a premiership footballer. I'm not sure what an an 'Uncle Albert' style pub bore rant about Sherman tanks has to do with it.

Why don't you & Sid just sit down over a cup of Horlicks, & spare the rest of us your tedium?

I retired early, after a successful career in consulting. I have 2 houses in the UK, & an apartment in Paris. That really is as far as I needed to go. Nonetheless, I appreciate your helpful feedback.

PS: It's 'yourself' & 'won't'. Don't forget the full stops at the end of sentences, too.
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

Paddy Grealish wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Presented with the opportunity to display your eloquent reply and you let your self down, the only thing you can do is abuse, you wont go far in the world like that, sad really
As it happens, I thought this was a thread about a premiership footballer. I'm not sure what an an 'Uncle Albert' style pub bore rant about Sherman tanks has to do with it.

Why don't you & Sid just sit down over a cup of Horlicks, & spare the rest of us your tedium?

I retired early, after a successful career in consulting. I have 2 houses in the UK, & an apartment in Paris. That really is as far as I needed to go. Nonetheless, I appreciate your helpful feedback.

PS: It's 'yourself' & 'won't'. Don't forget the full stops at the end of sentences, too.
Last edited by Paddy Grealish on Sat May 23, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

As it happens, I thought this was a post about a premiership footballer. I'm not sure what an an 'Uncle Albert' style pub bore rant about Sherman tanks has to do with it.

Well then Paddy it's a shame you wont grace us with your presence,
Was gonna tell Sid the joke about the Irish
Their Government just announced they have bought a 1000 septic tanks and once they've learnt to drive them they're going to invade us. Any way been good to talk I'm off for that cup of Horlicks your on about, mind you I've been known to lace it with Whisky
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Their Government just announced they have bought a 1000 septic tanks and once they've learnt to drive them they're going to invade us. Any way been good to talk I'm off for that cup of Horlicks your on about, mind you I've been known to lace it with Whisky
Looks like you've been on the whisky already, old chap.

Have a lovely evening.

PS (again): If you think making racist jokes about the Irish is funny in this day & age, that speaks volumes. My username is a tribute to Orient's great Irish midfielder, so your 'jokes' don't rattle me as I am not Irish myself nor am I a relic like you. Up yours.
Last edited by Paddy Grealish on Sat May 23, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Paddy Grealish wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Looks like you've been on the whisky already, old chap.

Have a lovely evening.
How did you guess
Cheers Paddy take care
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Be kind?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

West Side Story wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm My only agenda, is that I don't see why people on here can't get their head around the fact that players ( no matter how much they earn ) are reluctant to put their lives on the line, just to play a game of football. If what Ornchurch says is true- surely he can see the danger Covid 19 poses. I myself have lived a hermit like existence since March. I wouldn't want to put my life on the line for the likes of: Redcard, Ornchurch or Sid Bishop. If you are genuine and not WUM's, what the Hell is wrong with you guys?
I wouldn't want you to do anything for me.

I have to shield until end of June at the earliest and maybe longer depending on NHS advice.
If you think that I am lying that says more about you than me.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:22 pm What do you mean , you don’t want to put your life on line for the likes of me, what are you a n.h.s front line worker while I am out partying. You mug, I’ve been virtually housebound and been social distancing when out for essentials. Stop acting like the class clown.
Same goes for me, did not go out for three weeks and in that time, got a friendly neighbour to get a few essentials like milk etc, when they went out for their own shopping.
When I did go out to get shopping after three weeks of not going outside my home, went to the late evening shopping to avoid there being too many people in the shop, queuing etc. Made sure to try to do the best I could PPE wise, wearing gloves, face visor and a face mask. In this worldwide virus crisis, I am more focussed on the plight of those who have serious illnesses and often little support around them and little to no money to pay for their needs, with few options in their lives. I include people in third world countries who have been locked in their houses for around 10 weeks unable to leave with no government money given to them with curfews and only one person allowed to go out of the house to go out shopping just once a week. People unable to work and little to no free food rations or money given to them by their governments. UK Lock-down rules and restrictions have been quite easy to live with in comparison to what many in the world have had to put up with, that is why there have been lower death rates in many countries, especially in Asia, but these poor people have been through hell and back while forced to remain locked in their houses with no money coming in and little to no food available to them.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Sun May 24, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Stay alert please.