PLANNED TUBE STRIKE ON SUNDAY

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: PLANNED TUBE STRIKE ON SUNDAY

Post by tuffers#1 »

West Side Story wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:07 pm My dad got killed working on track maintenance. He was just finishing his Bank Holiday shift. This was after all the horrors or working through World War II. His section was above ground. This included: clearing up immediately after station bomb damage anywhere ( saw dreadful gruesome sights ), falling down a manhole after cover blown off by bomb blast in pitch black- & a non-swimmer, bringing in a train deserted by panicked driver, in the middle of an air-raid. He left a widow, 16 year old lad, 7 year old boy and me 3 months old. My mum got about £1000 compensation- but judge ruled it had to be spread over 17 years while I was still dependant. Was worth absolute peanuts by 1960. Please think before you post.
That must of been bloody horrible for all of you fella.
No amount of money would put it right but if they were going to divide it , they should have kept it to inflation etc.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: PLANNED TUBE STRIKE ON SUNDAY

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm

1st time he wasnt Ill , he was getting divorced .

2nd time he bought a can of fizzy drink & was rushed to Hospital with Weil's disease .
Not sure you can get written off work because you’re getting divorced?

Bad luck with the weils disease, did he pull through it?
Divorce can lead to depression and other mental health issues that are valid reasons for being off work.
He didnt tell them he was getting divorced.

He got signed off for stress .

He was doing Electrical exams for signals & boxes , so played the stress/ responsibility card , so he could get through the Divorce & not be 100 % on the job of study.

He was on 40k at the time training & after he passed the exams he got a 2 year provisional trial on 100k plus .

Took him a long while to get over Weil's , put a pile of weight on & took 18 months to shift it.