Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Dunners »

Admin wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:27 am Just for completeness:

Lots of arguments about how long till the next election etc but the lack of much positive movement for labour is worrying. Still feel like Starmer's presence is yet to be really felt (if there is one at all).

Anyone know where Angela Rayner's got to? Probably my lack of attention but can't recall hearing much from her or anyone else on the shadow front bench recently.
I have a lot of time for Starmer, but he's a technocrat, not a figurehead. And I really can't see him appealing to the economic left/social right voters that Labour has lost. He's going to struggle to shake of the metropolitan elite tag - because that's what he is.

But then there's nobody else in Labour that I could see doing any better.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Lots of arguments about how long till the next election etc but the lack of much positive movement for labour is worrying. Still feel like Starmer's presence is yet to be really felt (if there is one at all).

Anyone know where Angela Rayner's got to? Probably my lack of attention but can't recall hearing much from her or anyone else on the shadow front bench recently.
I have a lot of time for Starmer, but he's a technocrat, not a figurehead. And I really can't see him appealing to the economic left/social right voters that Labour has lost. He's going to struggle to shake of the metropolitan elite tag - because that's what he is.

You neglect to mention that the one big thing he's got going for him is he's not Corbyn. It will be more difficult for the media to villify him.

As I discussed the election with my customers during the last campaign I was struck by the level of hate some Labour voters had for JEZZA.

When I tried to draw out what the issue was they couldn't really explain it and it seemed to boil down to internet and other media lies.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:58 pm

You neglect to mention that the one big thing he's got going for him is he's not Corbyn. It will be more difficult for the media to villify him.

As I discussed the election with my customers during the last campaign I was struck by the level of hate some Labour voters had for JEZZA.

When I tried to draw out what the issue was they couldn't really explain it and it seemed to boil down to internet and other media lies.
Jezza came across as somebody who wanted to be everybody’s friend without actually having the courage to make a stand. He is a weak politician with little ability to get things done. He got his arse kicked by Boris, who is equally unlikeable, but is seen as someone who gets things done.

Media lies. Just listen to him talk about Brexit. Out of his own mouth. The guy is a clown of mega proportions. Just amazes me it took people so long to realise.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Yeah, Jezzas main fault was the way he wouldn’t make a stand on any issue. 😂
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Jezza came across as somebody who wanted to be everybody’s friend without actually having the courage to make a stand. He is a weak politician with little ability to get things done. He got his arse kicked by Boris, who is equally unlikeable, but is seen as someone who gets things done.

Media lies. Just listen to him talk about Brexit. Out of his own mouth. The guy is a clown of mega proportions. Just amazes me it took people so long to realise.
Are you deliberately trying to make yourself look stupid?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Just looking, listening and seeing the bleeding obvious. Go refresh on the last GE.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

UpminsterO reminds me of that Exile Canberra loon on the previous board :)

However as much as I don’t dispute Diane Abbott’s academic background, it has f*** all to do with her ability as a politician where she’s shown her incompetence many times. I’ve worked with loads of graduated from top universities but 90% of them have been sh*t at the job they’ve had
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 pm UpminsterO reminds me of that Exile Canberra loon on the previous board :)

However as much as I don’t dispute Diane Abbott’s academic background, it has f*** all to do with her ability as a politician where she’s shown her incompetence many times. I’ve worked with loads of graduated from top universities but 90% of them have been sh*t at the job they’ve had
It seems you have an inferiority complex with those of a higher Education standard. It really is a pity that the working class have such a problem with the highly educated .
The likes of Gove Johnson rhys fogg the pig f*cker etc are indeed sh*t at the jobs they've had.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

UpminsterO wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:01 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:31 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 pm UpminsterO reminds me of that Exile Canberra loon on the previous board :)

It seems you have an inferiority complex with those of a higher Education standard. It really is a pity that the working class have such a problem with the highly educated .
The likes of Gove Johnson rhys fogg the pig f*cker etc are indeed sh*t at the jobs they've had.

How the f can I have an "inferiority complex " when I person from a secondary modern schooling background that passed exams higher than a degree and currently retains two professional bodies membership in two countries.

I find that people who write that sort of stuff have the biggest inferiority complexes.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

UpminsterO wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:24 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:05 pm

How the f can I have an "inferiority complex " when I person from a secondary modern schooling background that passed exams higher than a degree and currently retains two professional bodies membership in two countries.

I find that people who write that sort of stuff have the biggest inferiority complexes.
Maxi

Join the club of others with a wrong assumption derived from posts on a footy forum

It seems this forum is riddled with people that have little interest in footy and thrive in making negative comments on others

Yes - I find people that write that sort of stuff are actually brimming with intellect but then I'm thick so I guess my personal hypothesis is wrong but they do try and be clairvoyant in their analysis - mm interesting ain't it
Mate I've got two years of degree level psychology under my belt. Have you? No. So shut up.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Surprising to find a racist Aussie actually
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm Surprising to find a racist Aussie actually
To be fair I think he was like that before he failed in the UK and had to leg it to Australia.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:05 pm

I think he has dual personality problems
It seems he forgot to log out of upminster O
before answering on behalf of millenium snowflake .

Classic signs of inferiority complex .
Not being able to carry 1 persona &
run with it.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Could be a double bluff.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Don't blame the sociopath, she can't help it. Blame the racists that voted for her.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Like the majority, I didn’t vote for the idiot. If that makes me stupid helping get rid of the idiot, I’ll live with that.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The majority of those who could did vote for Corbyn though.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Do me!
Do me!
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Glad we are friends again Up.
🙂
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

UpminsterO wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 am
Disoriented wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 am Glad we are friends again Up.
🙂
When I saw your name as the last post I was thinking as I scrolled to the page that you Dis would be another one on the top ten list

When I saw this short post and the icon I smiled as thought ooh well that's good

Yes life goes on for all - I guess everyone isolated and under their own pressure - it's a shame this board don't discuss footy more often
There hasn't been any for 10 weeks.

That said I watched Scotland v Brazil in the World Cup in 1974 last night. Full 88 minutes.

It was an epic performance by Scotland. Total commitment, hard tackling and no lack of skill. Bremner, Hay, Jordan and Buchan were the stand outs.

The Brasillians were a cynical shambles and should have had 3 sent off. RIivelino, Cesaer, Jairzinho.

Scotland's only Rangers player should have gone too for putting the winger up in the air three times but wasn't even booked.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

I went to a top 5 uni mate. Someone’s academic history counts for nothing in most jobs.

And thanks for proving my point with your example :)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

UpminsterO wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 am
Disoriented wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 am Glad we are friends again Up.
🙂
When I saw your name as the last post I was thinking as I scrolled to the page that you Dis would be another one on the top ten list

When I saw this short post and the icon I smiled as thought ooh well that's good

Yes life goes on for all - I guess everyone isolated and under their own pressure - it's a shame this board don't discuss footy more often
At least I didn’t make your top 10 fella. I wouldn’t have been able to live with the shame.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:50 am

I’ve worked with loads of graduated from top universities but 90% of them have been sh*t at the job they’ve had
I went to a top 5 uni mate. Someone’s academic history counts for nothing in most jobs.

So you are sh*t at your job !

Cheers for clearing that up
😁
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

The NHS surcharge shows what the Tories really think of key workers
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... healthcare

Clap for them, then charge them.

Tories truly are absolute Scum, aren't they.