Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Labour Watch

Post by BoniO »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am So refreshing to see Keir's measured style putting Boris on the back foot and an obvious step-up in quality on the opposition front bench. A welcome change from Corbyn's entirely predictable shouty activist approach that anyone could see coming from a mile off.
Yesterdays news mate. Corbyn who?
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Sir Keir will do well in the HoP exchanges whilst it's as quiet as a lawcourt, but I doubt Mr Forensic will be so effective once the usual bearpit rough and tumble resumes.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

A breath of fresh air indeed, so uplifting to see the opposition being led by such a clinical performer in contrast to the rudderless mess of the last 5 years
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am So refreshing to see Keir's measured style putting Boris on the back foot and an obvious step-up in quality on the opposition front bench. A welcome change from Corbyn's entirely predictable shouty activist approach that anyone could see coming from a mile off.
Corbyn 'shouty'? :lol:
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

I only ever remember Jeremy shouting when the pompous oafs opposite were trying to shout him down?

Just to think; all that money spent on private education..........and they aren't even taught basic good manners.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Pretty obscene attempt by Nadine Dorries & her fellow Fascisti to slur Sir Keir. I was him I would be sueing. Tories are trash simples.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52653609
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

You beat me to it. I'd also put it on the Tory thread.........

Health minister Nadine Dorries has been accused of spreading "fake news"

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/05/14/m ... our-leade/

As Wes Streeting correctly points out (quote) "You had time to do this despite being a Minister in the Department of Health during a public health crisis".

What a pathetic woman.
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Fri May 15, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Poor things are getting worried, the crisis is bringing home to roost lots of pidgeons they have released in the last decade. Take the PPE problems. We are supposed to have a vast stock-pile of these things in case of emergencies. As they have use by dates they have to be replaced regularly, but this costs money so they relabelled them with new dates, not once but several times, some of it was 12 years out of date. They claim they tested it and it was still good, but will not provide any evidence of the tests.

A Care Home today was given boxes of kit labelled 2014, when they complained they were given more kit that had shiny new 2020 labels on obviously old boxes.

Mikero
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Mikero wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:41 pm Poor things are getting worried, the crisis is bringing home to roost lots of pidgeons they have released in the last decade. Take the PPE problems. We are supposed to have a vast stock-pile of these things in case of emergencies. As they have use by dates they have to be replaced regularly, but this costs money so they relabelled them with new dates, not once but several times, some of it was 12 years out of date. They claim they tested it and it was still good, but will not provide any evidence of the tests.

A Care Home today was given boxes of kit labelled 2014, when they complained they were given more kit that had shiny new 2020 labels on obviously old boxes.

Mikero
Sounds like a Simpsons episode.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

On the whole I think The Simpsons could have made a better job of it.

Mikero
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

All very concerning.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Mikero wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:41 pm Poor things are getting worried, the crisis is bringing home to roost lots of pidgeons they have released in the last decade. Take the PPE problems. We are supposed to have a vast stock-pile of these things in case of emergencies. As they have use by dates they have to be replaced regularly, but this costs money so they relabelled them with new dates, not once but several times, some of it was 12 years out of date. They claim they tested it and it was still good, but will not provide any evidence of the tests.
And with this pandemic wreaking havoc: what is Johnson's latest public health concern as announced today? OBESITY!
Yes, we all know he is a fatso.

But I guess that for many people right now a much greater concern is how to survive and continue to make a living.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

E10EU wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:32 am
And with this pandemic wreaking havoc: what is Johnson's latest public health concern as announced today? OBESITY!

But I guess that for many people right now a much greater concern is how to survive and continue to make a living.
Quite right too.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

E10EU wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:32 am

Sounds like an even bigger fat tax is on the way. Watch and see.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Labour voters don't want people to go back to work

Imagine my shock

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Remarkable or sensible, regard for human life over profits?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:35 pm Remarkable or sensible, regard for human life over profits?
At face value your comment is quite sensible.

However when looking at the concerns of professionals on the longer term impact on mental health and those not currently seeking medical help, look at A&E attendances, the lockdown itself is a ticking time bomb. It’s far from a profits vs human life question.

It’s a fine line. It seems many countries are trying to get back to the new normal after lockdown.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:46 pm Labour voters don't want people to go back to work

Imagine my shock

Tories want those in manufacturing and construction - where adequate social distancing is difficult if not impossible - to return to work. But they’re not so keen on letting them sit in a park at a safe social distance from others.

Imagine my shock.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Piers Corbyn, Jezza’s brother arrested in Hyde Park breaking lockdown and ranting about 5G signals causing Coronavirus. And he’s supposed to be an Astrophysicist. What is it about people called Piers?

How is it even possible that Piers Corbyn is even more of a crank than his brother?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Starmer getting the full mail on Sunday treatment tomorrow

Alternative headline: Keir Starmers helped parents set up donkey sanctuary.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

StockholmO wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:06 am Piers Corbyn, Jezza’s brother arrested in Hyde Park breaking lockdown and ranting about 5G signals causing Coronavirus. And he’s supposed to be an Astrophysicist. What is it about people called Piers?

How is it even possible that Piers Corbyn is even more of a crank than his brother?

Corbyn’s gone. Let it go.

Every family has a crank. Sure yours must have as well.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:46 pm Labour voters don't want people to go back to work

Imagine my shock

2 friends both tradesman , both Labour voters
1 working in a Hospital keeping the water supply
the other working with thames water & the M.o.D .

All i hear is Tories moaning that there buisnesses might
Collapse
Well do something to stop it .
Bloody parasites !!
😁
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Admin wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:07 am Starmer getting the full mail on Sunday treatment tomorrow

Alternative headline: Keir Starmers helped parents set up donkey sanctuary.
I really couldn't care less how much money he has earned, how much is house, property or land is worth. It's what he says and does as a politician is what's important. None of this do as I say not as I do nonsense and he will be fine.

I like him, I said it before the general election and I personally think he will be good as a leader of the opposition. The testing times for him will be when he's under pressure and how he delivers his policies and answers will determine if he is too be a success. His wealth will not make one bit of difference to the NHS, schools, defence and transportation policy etc.

If he can get a decent team around him, in time he could be a formidable challenger to the government.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Imagine my shock at all these tories approving of Sir Kier as leader of the opposition.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

RedO wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:27 am Imagine my shock at all these tories approving of Sir Kier as leader of the opposition.
Says the true Tory sado, don’t be ashamed of your true political allegiance it’s your first step to be true to yourself!😄