Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Disoriented »

DonaldRocks wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:57 am I'm not a Liverpool Fan but I do like what Klopp has done at the pool. Yes, I'm concerned about the City that is the Hotspot out of London. Was Football partially responsible?,
Probably Possibly yes. Did they have anybody in Government who tried to stop the mass gatherings?, As far as I can remember, and feel free to correct me, but I think it's a resounding No.

The Moderator on here has even changed my profile from RoryRocks after my dog to DonaldRocks. WTF.
Sounds like bullying to me fella. With power comes responsibility - for most people.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Disoriented wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am
DonaldRocks wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:57 am I'm not a Liverpool Fan but I do like what Klopp has done at the pool. Yes, I'm concerned about the City that is the Hotspot out of London. Was Football partially responsible?,
Probably Possibly yes. Did they have anybody in Government who tried to stop the mass gatherings?, As far as I can remember, and feel free to correct me, but I think it's a resounding No.

The Moderator on here has even changed my profile from RoryRocks after my dog to DonaldRocks. WTF.
Sounds like bullying to me fella. With power comes responsibility - for most people.
You could be rite. I think it's some form of distraction, nothing to see here. I only posted that post for everybody. I even cried myself, TBH.

So, I have no choice but I will post it again.

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:12 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:37 pm Some potentially good news from Arizona where scientists have reported a mutation in Covid19 that has refuduced its potency, which is what happened in SARS. Scientists worldwide will now be put on alert to how widespread this might be.

Scientists in California seem to think the opposite though.

Yes they claim that the virus has become more contagious in Europe so much going on it's hard to sort out the really relevant bits as with all these claims nothing yet proven.

And now the Italians claim to have a vaccine that's effective in mice! Human trials yet to start.
Link to the article I was talking about https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavi ... s-11983554
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedO wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 am Who was the prat on here going on about the testing numbers dropping from the 30/4 peak because it was the weekend or some such nonsense?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... y-in-a-row
Goes to show what an outrageous fudge those 30 April figures were and an obsession with "being right" rather than rolling something out that is fit for purpose.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:21 pm Over 6000 new cases. Worrying figure, despite the increased testing.
May be the case that the infection numbers are lagging a few days behind. On two days last week the test figures exceeded 100,000 the results from those tests would take a few days to be completed and to be registered.I suspect the number of infections over the last day or so is a catch up from those days.

The best way of reporting infections would be % of tests proving positive, it would give a much clearer update.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

So on top of the 3.5 million testing kits that's were scrapped because they didn't work properly; the 250 ventilators that have had to be ditched because they were useless and a risk to life; the Government have now gone and purchased 400,000 surgical gowns from Turkey that do not meet safety standards:

Coronavirus PPE: Gowns ordered from Turkey fail to meet safety standards
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52569364? ... y5VJcxPpTE

Seriously, is there no end to the level of incompetence of this Tory Government?

Yet again, this pathetic, useless bunch of :clown :clown :clown have messed it up. They are ONCE AGAIN putting the lives of patients and health workers at risk. Most importantly to me, this potentially includes my Wife and my Brother-in-Law.

This is just gross negligence; not to mention a complete waste of our money. This catalogue of errors is simply sheer incompetence and an utter embarrassment.

We need this lot gone. We really do.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

If Labour had got their house in order over the last few years ditched Corbyn for someone more credible, kicked momentum and the hardline left into touch perhaps people would have got behind them rather than the Tories and perhaps they would have been in govt now.

No confidence Labour with Corbyn in charge could have run the country or dealt with this crisis any better than this mob when their party was riddled with in fighting ans anti semites.

Hoping for better from Starmer and co.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

The usual 'p!ssing in the wind' comment by bringing up Labour under Jeremy Corbyn. YAWN.

Do you really know how pathetic that is?

Actually, you don't know how Labour would have handled this Pandemic. So your comment is completely irrelevant really, isn't it.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Classic. All of the Tories f*** ups that have cost lives is actually Labours fault :lol:
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:29 am The usual 'p!ssing in the wind' comment by bringing up Labour under Jeremy Corbyn. YAWN.

Do you really know how pathetic that is?

Actually, you don't know how Labour would have handled this Pandemic. So your comment is completely irrelevant really, isn't it.
Neither do you.

Labour under Corbyn was all people had to go on though wasn't it. It's why people voted the way they did.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:30 am Classic. All of the Tories f*** ups that have cost lives is actually Labours fault :lol:
You better watch out. Your name will soon be changed too.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

For God sake, its a little joke.

Again, lets try and stay on topic and avoid the political back and forth.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:46 pm The deaths are down to about 300 a day, from 800 a month ago.
Around 700 a day actually
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:30 am Classic. All of the Tories f*** ups that have cost lives is actually Labours fault :lol:
No,not at all but if NuneatonO wants to politicise every post on a Coronavirus thread what do you expect, I'm not a Tory but all we ever get Is left wing Labour talking the talk. if they couldn't convince people including a lot ot their own members to vote for them against this bunch of Tories says everything about people's confidence and desire to embrace left wing politics.

Waiting for the "It was all about Brexit excuse"
Last edited by Top of the JES on Thu May 07, 2020 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:37 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:46 pm The deaths are down to about 300 a day, from 800 a month ago.
I think this is one of the problems caused by the inconsistency in how figures were reported and why we should have been more accurate in the first place.

Prestige is comparing the number of hospital deaths a month ago to now, which show a clear large drop in deaths. But now we have the more accurate daily totals available for those who died in hospitals, care homes and the community. I've seen a number of recent comparisons between the hospital only totals from a month back and the full totals now, which doesn't show a large drop off because two different things are being compared.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:43 am
I think this is one of the problems caused by the inconsistency in how figures were reported and why we should have been more accurate in the first place.

Prestige is comparing the number of hospital deaths a month ago to now, which show a clear large drop in deaths. But now we have the more accurate daily totals available for those who died in hospitals, care homes and the community. I've seen a number of recent comparisons between the hospital only totals from a month back and the full totals now, which doesn't show a large drop off because two different things are being compared.
Agree. Changing reporting perimeters half way through leads to a lot of confusion, we get snapshots of what's happening but none of the data is real time so can't rely on any single piece of data until figures are consolidated about a week later. I suspect once this pandemic fades away we will see a lot of adjustment to final figures and it won't be pretty.

It's heartening that hospital admissions/ICU beds/deaths are falling but worrying that Care Home deaths are still rising.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:20 am If Labour had got their house in order over the last few years ditched Corbyn for someone more credible, kicked momentum and the hardline left into touch perhaps people would have got behind them rather than the Tories and perhaps they would have been in govt now.

No confidence Labour with Corbyn in charge could have run the country or dealt with this crisis any better than this mob when their party was riddled with in fighting ans anti semites.

Dah, dah dah dah - dah - dahhhhhhhhhhh. You win today's Star Prize for being the Tory voting tw*t to introduce the "do you think Corbyn would have done better" non-argument into the thread. Congratulations! This is the gift that keeps on giving! We'll never know how Corbyn would have done - can't you get that through your thick head. Focus on how bloody terrible this TORY government is.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:40 am
No,not at all but if NuneatonO wants to politicise every post on a Coronavirus thread what do you expect, I'm not a Tory but all we ever get Is left wing Labour talking the talk. if they couldn't convince people including a lot ot their own members to vote for them against this bunch of Tories says everything about people's confidence and desire to embrace left wing politics.

I do honestly believe that we would have handled this situation better. Earlier lockdown; closing the borders, etc.

I'm just questioning why you are bringing up how Labour would have done anyway. It's utterly pointless isn't it - because we do not have a Labour Government (ufortunately).

However, what I do know for a FACT is that we now have an incompetent, lying, bunch of clowns; led by an Etonian Spaffer who are clearly out of their depth. Each passing day brings to the fore yet another life-threatening fcuk up.

This current mob are a disgrace of a Government.; even by Tory standards.

By the way, as you've mentioned it, how are our deals with the EU going exactly?

Or do you blame that abject incompetence on Labour as well?
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Thu May 07, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:49 am
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:43 am

Agree. Changing reporting perimeters half way through leads to a lot of confusion, we get snapshots of what's happening but none of the data is real time so can't rely on any single piece of data until figures are consolidated about a week later. I suspect once this pandemic fades away we will see a lot of adjustment to final figures and it won't be pretty.

It's heartening that hospital admissions/ICU beds/deaths are falling but worrying that Care Home deaths are still rising.
The Tories like confusion. It helps hide the feckin' mess they've got us into. They were asked to report on the deaths outside hospitals and finally managed to do this but there's no reason to roll the hospital and non-hospital numbers together. They obviously have this data and should be reporting it as 2 separate numbers and a total. Not rocket science is it?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

BoniO wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 am
Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:20 am If Labour had got their house in order over the last few years ditched Corbyn for someone more credible, kicked momentum and the hardline left into touch perhaps people would have got behind them rather than the Tories and perhaps they would have been in govt now.

Dah, dah dah dah - dah - dahhhhhhhhhhh. You win today's Star Prize for being the Tory voting tw*t to introduce the "do you think Corbyn would have done better" non-argument into the thread. Congratulations! This is the gift that keeps on giving! We'll never know how Corbyn would have done - can't you get that through your thick head. Focus on how bloody terrible this TORY government is.
All very good bluster but as I have stated elsewhere I'm not a Tory. If it's OK for you to point out the shortcomings of this goverment it's surely OK for others to remind you of the shortcomings of the Labour Party that led to the Tories being elected.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 am
Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:40 am

I do honestly believe that we would have handled this situation better. Earlier lockdown; closing the borders, etc.

I'm just questioning why you are bringing up how Labour would have done anyway. It's utterly pointless isn't it - because we do not have a Labour Government (ufortunately).

However, what I do know for a FACT is that we now have an incompetent, lying, bunch of clowns; led by an Etonian Spaffer who are clearly out of their depth. Each passing day brings to the fore yet another life-threatening fcuk up.

This current mob are a disgrace of a Government.; even by Tory standards.

By the way, as you've mentioned it, how are our deals with the EU going exactly?

Or do you blame that abject incompetence on Labour as well?
Be better to have this debate on another thread, also be good for you to stop politicising this particular thread about the virus.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 am

All very good bluster but as I have stated elsewhere I'm not a Tory. If it's OK for you to point out the shortcomings of this goverment it's surely OK for others to remind you of the shortcomings of the Labour Party that led to the Tories being elected.
But your perceived "shortcomings" of the Labour party have no relevance to this thread do they? Labour aren't the ones in charge of the Country. They are not the Party who are abjectly failing to effectively lead us through this crisis. That's the Tories, and the Tories alone.

By all means you're obviously free to post any comments you have about Labour but maybe the thread "Labour watch" might be the place to do so as they have no relevance to the current crisis.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

How can you not bring politics into this Pandemic situation?

Almost every instance of incompetence is down to this lying, Tory Government.

Every failure in testing, is down to this Tory Government.

Every piece of useless testing/medical equipment, or inadequate PPE purchased, is down to this Tory Government.

Who knows just how many of the tens of thousands of deaths are due to the late lock-down; still no subsequent border control; no testing and tracing; insufficient PPE (or in the case of care homes initially - none). This is down to the Tory Government

Their mismanagement has COST LIVES. Has that sunk in?

So to expect such a serious issue to be discussed without engaging this inept Government would, in my honest opinion, be completely naive and blinkered.

I'm not forever on their case because they are simply an opposing party. It's because of their incompetence and mismanagement.

The buck stops with Johnson & Co.

Not Jeremy Corbyn.

Not the Labour Party.

It stops with the Tories.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 am

The shortcomings were with the thick headed morons who didn't vote Labour. The could all have had free Broadband in the middle of this lockdown.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:46 am How can you not bring politics into this Pandemic situation?

Almost every instance of incompetence is down to this lying, Tory Government.

Every failure in testing, is down to this Tory Government.

Every piece of useless testing/medical equipment, or inadequate PPE purchased, is down to this Tory Government.

Who knows just how many of the tens of thousands of deaths are due to the late lock-down; still no subsequent border control; no testing and tracing; insufficient PPE (or in the case of care homes initially - none). This is down to the Tory Government

Their mismanagement has COST LIVES. Has that sunk in?

So to expect such a serious issue to be discussed without engaging this inept Government would, in my honest opinion, be completely naive and blinkered.

I'm not forever on their case because they are simply an opposing party. It's because of their incompetence and mismanagement.

The buck stops with Johnson & Co.

Not Jeremy Corbyn.

Not the Labour Party.

It stops with the Tories.
This post is correct. "politics" affects every interaction we have in daily life from catching the bus to work to sending our kids to school and what we eat.

People who bleat on about health issues being politicised are either extremely dense or propagandists for the status quo.

The NHS is probably one of the most politicised institutions in existence in the UK because by setting it up a decision was made to set up socialised medicine free at the point of delivery. This is contrary to the way almost all other services operate in a capitalist society.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Thu May 07, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.