Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dunners »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:01 am Death rate of this virus is 1-2% isnt it?
It will be some time before we can be certain, but most credible estimates have it at around 0.6%. This is still higher than seasonal flu, and the number of patients requiring hospitalisation would still be enough to crash most country's health care systems without putting in place measures such as lockdown.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

NuneatonO's wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 am Just 273 people who arrived in UK in run-up to lockdown were quarantined
Home Office figures cover period when 18.1m people entered country

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... uarantined

The majority of other Countries across the World had self-isolation for any incoming passengers. The Tory Party just fannied around, completely clueless.

Last night, on Coronavirus Q&A's on itv, the Grant Shapps still wouldn't answer the question about dates when incoming passengers would be made to self-isolate. (see around 4 mins in). Lots of "it's imporrrrrrtant that's" but in reality, just the usual specifics and question dodging -

Lest we ever forget that Grant Shapps of course, was the man who's company was banned by Google in 2012 for 'Copyright infringement'. In other words, selling software that wasn't his to sell. Shapps's web marketing business's 20/20 Challenge publication also drew criticism. It cost $497 and promised customers earnings of $20,000 in 20 days. Upon purchase, the "toolkit" was revealed to be an ebook, advising the user to create their own toolkit and recruit 100 "Joint Venture Partners" to resell it for a share of the profits. :lol:

In March 2014, Shapps drew national headlines for a tweet in support of the 2014 budget. Opponents criticised Shapps of being patronising to working people by believing their pastimes were limited to bingo and beer. Parallels with a certain Alan B'Stard?

On 28 November 2015, Shapps stood down as minister of state due to allegations against him of bullying within the Conservative Party.

Shapps's use of the names Michael Green and Sebastian Fox attracted controversy in 2012. He denied having used a pseudonym after entering parliament and, in 2014, threatened legal action against a constituent who had stated on Facebook that he had. In February 2015 he told LBC Radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty, "Let me get this absolutely clear ... I don't have a second job and have never had a second job while being an MP. End of story." However, in March 2015, Shapps admitted to having had a second job whilst being an MP, and practising business under a pseudonym.

In August 2018, the Financial Times reported that it had discovered a "secret pay deal" between Shapps and OpenBrix, a British blockchain property portal company. The story was extensively covered in the UK and online press, and alleged that Shapps would have received a payment in cryptocurrency tokens with a future value of up to £700,000. Shapps resigned from OpenBrix and from his position as chairman of the all-party parliamentary group on blockchain which he had founded.

What a wonderful example of humanity the Tory Party decide to put up as a Spokesman for people to believe, during these unprecedented times.

Just think about this for a minute. The likes of Grant Shapps are now giving you advice.......and expecting you to believe it.

Really

This circus of :clown :clown :clown are oh so evidently just out of their depth........unless of course, it comes to lies and corruption.
Yeah but corbyn doesn't wear a poppy and abbott got some money numbers wrong, so swings and roundabouts.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:02 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:41 am
RedO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:11 am

It’s been done to stop the nhs collapsing.
America has 3 trillion $ worth of debt for the NHS ?

France, Italy & Spain also in debt to bail out those not working .

You must have missed the last bit of the statement ,
Repeated across every nation on Earth .
I wonder if other countries also have health services that could become overwhelmed?
So the government are only paying furloughed staff 80% of there wages because they want to keep the NHS safe .

As are all governments who have been affected ?

Proof ?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

No, thats not the only reason, they dont want hundreds of thousands of deaths on their hands.

They cant impose a lockdown and not protect jobs.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

I shudder to think what would've happened if Jezza had been running the country. That spike when he sits on the fence would've surely disemboweled him by now.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:32 pm No, thats not the only reason, they dont want hundreds of thousands of deaths on their hands.

"But its only old people & those with underlying health problems ".
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:12 pm What we really need to analyse is deaths in prior years against deaths this year by month and see what's happening.

I keep reading that deaths by other reasons have dropped off a cliff and covid has or is replacing them as the reason of death. Did they really die of covid or was the underlying health issue what really killed them?

So many people on twitter are saying for example my dad had stage 4 cancer and was terminal yet they put covid 19 as the reason for his death when he was never tested for it. If that's happening on a wider scale then surely we have a real scandal on our hands.
Maybe the people who have heart attacks arent as stressed .

If we compare deaths as you said , should we be including other biological weapons that
were released upon the population as well .

Maybe your Dibble chum can get you those facts & figures
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:44 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:32 pm No, thats not the only reason, they dont want hundreds of thousands of deaths on their hands.

Well, I personally dont know if its worth it but understand the decisions made.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:13 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Well, I personally dont know if its worth it but understand the decisions made.
Understand what exactly

That 50k plus didnt die in numerous boroughs in the uk
Or because lockdown meant the disease could be restricted & therefore 50k will be the near total of death ?

Furlough social distancing 60 billion debt ?

All plan b after herd immunity was shown up as
A certain way to kill millions ?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

JimbO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:42 pm I shudder to think what would've happened if Jezza had been running the country. That spike when he sits on the fence would've surely disemboweled him by now.
You must be one easily satisfied bunny. Rather than focus on the sh*t-show the government has put on over the last 2 or so months, you'd rather think about how Corbyn might've done worse (even though it's impossible to justify that position).

Give your head a wobble you complete f*cking imbecile - the government you chose are responsible for many, many deaths. Take that on your f*cking chin.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:12 pm What we really need to analyse is deaths in prior years against deaths this year by month and see what's happening.

I keep reading that deaths by other reasons have dropped off a cliff and covid has or is replacing them as the reason of death. Did they really die of covid or was the underlying health issue what really killed them?

So many people on twitter are saying for example my dad had stage 4 cancer and was terminal yet they put covid 19 as the reason for his death when he was never tested for it. If that's happening on a wider scale then surely we have a real scandal on our hands.
Bollocks as usual. Deaths in April were up by about 12,000 per week over the norm. Do you never get tired of writing this made up crap?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:41 am

America has 3 trillion $ worth of debt for the NHS ?

France, Italy & Spain also in debt to bail out those not working .

You must have missed the last bit of the statement ,
Repeated across every nation on Earth .
I wonder if other countries also have health services that could become overwhelmed?
So the government are only paying furloughed staff 80% of there wages because they want to keep the NHS safe .

Proof ?
Governments aren't paying staff. They're paying businesses.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BoniO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Bollocks as usual. Deaths in April were up by about 12,000 per week over the norm. Do you never get tired of writing this made up crap?
But he keeps reading it...
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:32 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Proof ?
Governments aren't paying staff. They're paying businesses.
We pay your wages say the fools to the police

Nope you pay your tax to govt , who pool it & pay the police .

Boils down to the govt paying out so that employees receive 80% of wages.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

RedO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:32 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:32 pm

But he keeps reading it...
TIME TO WAKE UP!!!
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

JimbO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:42 pm I shudder to think what would've happened if Jezza had been running the country. That spike when he sits on the fence would've surely disemboweled him by now.
Congratulations for pulling that old chestnut out of the fire once again. It couldn't be more irrelevant of course, for as we all know this Tory government is in power and has become a World Leader in dishonest, inept, uncaring and corrupt management of this Country.

So well done! I fully expect to see yet another desperate Tory voter use this "argument" again even though it's so obviously bunkum.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

366 is the latest deaths figure for England.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

From BBC
Is 32,000 the worst death toll in Europe?

We don’t have the information to know. There are different ways of counting coronavirus deaths.

The figure of 32,000 comes from a measure that’s calculated once a week in the UK and isn’t available yet in many other countries.

It’s based on all death registrations in all settings and looking to see whether Covid-19 is mentioned.

The figure you hear about most days, announced at the UK government’s daily press conference or available on the comparison websites, is based on deaths of people who have tested positive for coronavirus.

It’s available more quickly but is less complete.

It’s difficult enough to make comparisons between countries based on these daily figures – definitions are slightly different, testing regimes are different and so it’s hard to be sure you’re comparing apples with apples.

For example, if testing is largely limited to people in hospitals in one country (as it was in the UK for a long time), then the figures will miss deaths in the community.

But going one step further and comparing the death registration figures in the UK with daily figures based on positive tests from other countries is comparing apples with bananas.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:05 pm From BBC
Is 32,000 the worst death toll in Europe?

We don’t have the information to know. There are different ways of counting coronavirus deaths.

The figure of 32,000 comes from a measure that’s calculated once a week in the UK and isn’t available yet in many other countries.

It’s based on all death registrations in all settings and looking to see whether Covid-19 is mentioned.

The figure you hear about most days, announced at the UK government’s daily press conference or available on the comparison websites, is based on deaths of people who have tested positive for coronavirus.

It’s available more quickly but is less complete.

It’s difficult enough to make comparisons between countries based on these daily figures – definitions are slightly different, testing regimes are different and so it’s hard to be sure you’re comparing apples with apples.

For example, if testing is largely limited to people in hospitals in one country (as it was in the UK for a long time), then the figures will miss deaths in the community.

But going one step further and comparing the death registration figures in the UK with daily figures based on positive tests from other countries is comparing apples with bananas.
Fuller description in this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -countries
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

BoniO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:01 pm
Congratulations for pulling that old chestnut out of the fire once again. It couldn't be more irrelevant of course, for as we all know this Tory government is in power and has become a World Leader in dishonest, inept, uncaring and corrupt management of this Country.

So well done! I fully expect to see yet another desperate Tory voter use this "argument" again even though it's so obviously bunkum.
Not a Tory Voter by the way. I not telling you who I voted for but it was neither of the two morons.

So you honestly think JC would've done a better job?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

JimbO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:30 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Not a Tory Voter by the way. I not telling you who I voted for but it was neither of the two morons.

So you honestly think JC would've done a better job?
We'll never know will we. Hence it's a non-argument. But he'd have to go some to do worse than the current lying, cheating scum.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Some potentially good news from Arizona where scientists have reported a mutation in Covid19 that has refuduced its potency, which is what happened in SARS. Scientists worldwide will now be put on alert to how widespread this might be.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Tue May 05, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 pm 366 is the latest deaths figure for England.
Not sure about this actually. Just seen it listed as 693
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Prof Neil Ferguson, one of the more high profile members has resigned from SAGE because he broke lockdown rules to bang his married side piece

He's definitely punching judging by this photo

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... -breaking/
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

366 is hospital deaths. 693 is the number for all deaths includes care Homes and others.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Tue May 05, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.