Track & Trace App....Will you be installing it?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Track & Trace App....Will you be installing it?

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The new government track and trace app rolls out for a trial, on the Isle of Wight, ( pop 141,000 approx). It will give all your movements in some detail to the government.

It is IMO, the latest step in the complete controlling of the population, by governments ( not just ours), and im hoping not enough people install it for it to work.

It truly is a frightening time were living in. Orwells predictions back in the 40's starting to unfold.

Anyway.........is anyone on here actually going to install this app on their phone?
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Re: Track & Trace App....Will you be installing it?

Post by DonaldRocks »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 am The new government track and trace app rolls out for a trial, on the Isle of Wight, ( pop 141,000 approx). It will give all your movements in some detail to the government.

It is IMO, the latest step in the complete controlling of the population, by governments ( not just ours), and im hoping not enough people install it for it to work.

It truly is a frightening time were living in. Orwells predictions back in the 40's starting to unfold.

Anyway.........is anyone on here actually going to install this app on their phone?
I hear you and it makes me uncomfortable too but it will only work if 60% of the population sign up. I need more information on it before I'd sign up to anything.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

They can already track you with or without the app. So dial down the paranoia.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 am The new government track and trace app rolls out for a trial, on the Isle of Wight, ( pop 141,000 approx). It will give all your movements in some detail to the government.

If you can bin it off your device after this virus crisis ends I can't see a problem myself. I get all the Big Brother stuff but if it's used only as a temporary measure to help beat the virus I'm for it.

PS - the LIzard people made me say that.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Not a f*cking chance.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

BoniO wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:46 am

If you can bin it off your device after this virus crisis ends I can't see a problem myself. I get all the Big Brother stuff but if it's used only as a temporary measure to help beat the virus I'm for it.

Thing is, no one knows if you can uninstall it. There are computer programmes, that appear to be uninstalled but in fact leave something on your device. You think its all gone but it isnt. You coiuld reset your phone back to factory settings perhaps, but who knows
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The fruitloops on here never fail to deliver
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

No thanks.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:51 am
BoniO wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:46 am

Thing is, no one knows if you can uninstall it. There are computer programmes, that appear to be uninstalled but in fact leave something on your device. You think its all gone but it isnt. You coiuld reset your phone back to factory settings perhaps, but who knows
Well, as PW points out, they can already track you via your mobile. As to whether you can delete it well my vote would be yes based on my working in the computer industry all my life and particularly for the biggest internet security company globally. In the unlikely event that this app was designed to leave some resident code after deletion then it would be detected for sure.

(Is this OK Master Lizard - did I do well?)
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:48 am Image

Not a f*cking chance.

Would.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

A few weeks ago our government had a target that at least 60 % would install a track & trace app.

Most of the time norwegians do what they are being told, but so far only 20,5 % have installed the app.

It might have something to do with the fact that the death rate in Norway is quite low (212 deaths so far).

Still, people are very sceptical about this.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Yes I will install it.

It's anonymized data and open source so don't see a problem with it.

Anything to do something to help get past this situation is good in my view, and if there is not enough uptake it might have knock-on effects on, for example, easing the lockdown.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Wouldn't do a thing this government asked, don't want to be associated with their catastrophic failings thanks
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

It will be complete and utter waste of time.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/contact ... oronavirus
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Wouldn't be against it , but as I forget to take my phone with me when I go out most of the time, it's not really going to work
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Darwinism at work. The idiots will be removed from the genetic pool by Covid 19
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Beradogs wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:12 am
Mick McQuaid wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:48 am Image

Not a f*cking chance.

Would.
You need a word with yourself Bera.
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

No chance. The first two paragraphs of that Wired article sums it up.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Why do selfish old men have to ruin everything?
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Don't have a problem with it.

I'd rather my phone told me I'd been near someone who tested positive than not know. As others have said, Big Brother knows where your phone is anyway.

I think people who don't want to be tracked have a somewhat over-inflated idea of how important they are in the big picture of things.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

o-no wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:12 pm Don't have a problem with it.

I'd rather my phone told me I'd been near someone who tested positive than not know. As others have said, Big Brother knows where your phone is anyway.

I think people who don't want to be tracked have a somewhat over-inflated idea of how important they are in the big picture of things.
What if your phone told you you'd been near someone who tested positive, as you've said. Then, until you took your test and that test came back negative, you were unable to go into a shop or on public transport because your phone screen didn't display a "green - all clear" message, or the police might ask you to display your phone and fine you for being outside before you got a negative test result back?

The person you'd been near might have been the other side of a wall, or travelling in a car in the same traffic queue as you, or walking past your car.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

No way. Partly because i dont trust the government and partly because if i was a hacker somewhere, an app which was rushed to market by an incompetent government, id be absolutely licking my lips.

Haven't read the wried article but do see something like this being a normal part of future (it is in China) whereby its not compulsory but companies use it as a reference tool for jobs, you need it if you apply for any govt state service, when you try to rent, etc...
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

o-no wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:12 pm Don't have a problem with it.

Why would I take the risk in trusting anything this government is involved in?
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Excellent idea, nothing to hide, should make it compulsory.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

No