Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Top of the JES »

BoniO wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:14 pm So Hancock smashed his target?
And, personally, I couldn't be happier. It doesn't mean that the government hasn't performed terribly so far but if the valid criticism they've received has spurred them on to get results then I'm a happy bunny. It was always about beating this bloody virus, not about point scoring.
The government is now doing some decent stuff ramping up testing and putting in place a track and trace app but a few weeks too late, can't stop this horrible virus in its tracks but could have slowed it down earlier, we will never know how many lives could have been saved with a clear strategy in place earlier.

Ventilators and ICU beds were not the issue they were touted to be, where the government have performed poorly is PPE for key workers and acting too slowly to address the issues in care homes.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Fri May 01, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:46 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:14 pm So Hancock smashed his target?
And, personally, I couldn't be happier. It doesn't mean that the government hasn't performed terribly so far but if the valid criticism they've received has spurred them on to get results then I'm a happy bunny. It was always about beating this bloody virus, not about point scoring.
The government is now doing some decent stuff ramping up testing and putting in place a track and trace app but a few weeks too late, can't stop this horrible virus in its tracks but could have slowed it down earlier, we will never know how many lives could have been saved with a clear strategy in place earlier.
Agreed. It would have been difficult to carry on performing at the same level of ineptitude. Glad they look to be improving in one area at least.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Ventilators and ICU beds were not the issue they were touted to be, where the government have performed poorly is PPE for key workers and acting too slowly to address the issues in care homes.
Care homes - what care homes? Remember Hancock thanked the Press at a briefing for reminding him about them. Aren't they just full of old people?
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

The testing figure is every bit as fiddled as the ppe figures, and so much focus on a figure instead of working on a strategy that might actually benefit people that it's done more harm than good. Instead of making the tests easier for people that really need them they widened the tests so anyone could get one, literally anyone, they made clear there was no validation of a keyworker or family claim to encourage it. Seems they might also be counting tests that have been requested rather than completed and sent a pile out yesterday to meet the target.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:04 pm The testing figure is every bit as fiddled as the ppe figures, and so much focus on a figure instead of working on a strategy that might actually benefit people that it's done more harm than good. Instead of making the tests easier for people that really need them they widened the tests so anyone could get one, literally anyone, they made clear there was no validation of a keyworker or family claim to encourage it. Seems they might also be counting tests that have been requested rather than completed and sent a pile out yesterday to meet the target.
Source?
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Daily emails telling us who and how we can be tested and a massive push to get people who don't really need one to get a swab rammed up their nose for the hell of it, combined with seeing every day that there's a complete lack of testing where we actually need it.

It is improving but I'll bet my left nut that's the last time we'll see 100,000 for a while
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

May 18th. Start of easing of restrictions in Ireland. Going to be 5 phases every 2 weeks up until approx August 10th. They have to keep restrictions until at least after the Bank Holiday in Northern Ireland.

Distance people can travel or exercise extended to 5km from Tuesday 5th May (After Bank Holiday).

It's going to be a slow long haul.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Oh dear.

Looks like the Tories have been caught out lying again:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... 00000-goal

Matt Halfcocked looks to have fiddled the numbers after all. What a surprise.

You really would find better forms of life swimming or floating along in sewers.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Oh great. This is just like the trick they pulled pre-election when they said nursing numbers would go up by 50,000. They then had to admit that some 19,000 of those were actually nurses right now, but that they were being counted because they might have left nursing by 2024/25.

So, in reality, there was actually a target increase of 31,000, not 50,000. Now I think of it, I wonder how that's getting on too.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

There I was, ready to actually give them some credit for getting something right, finally, and all the time they were just lying & cheating, as per norm.

So Hancock didn't smash anything, except any possible vestiges of credibility these lying scumbags have left.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

But aBbOtT cAnT aDd Up
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ah ffs.

Just be honest. Say you only got to 80,000. And put all your resources into hitting 100,000 tomorrow. Or the next day.

Don’t waste time on playing games. Bunch of fannies.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It’s ok, Priti just don’t a recount and we’re actually at 300,000,900,074 tests for today 👍
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Just like all the other lies they've told, they'll just front it out and insist that black is white, and most people will just move on.

Thing is, that's really the little lie, just a bit of fudging of numbers, and they all do it as Thory tells us. A little bit of fuss over it will be quite helpful for them to hide the fact that yet again a decision was made to look good rather than do good, that's the big lie.

The focus on achieving a number meant that they gave up on any kind of targeting. It's only in the last few days that there's been some access to a walk in centre in London, before that it was drive to Wembley or nothing. Given the sh*t wages they're paid it's no surprise that most of our staff don't own a car.

Prophylactic testing for care homes I've been told is coming, but no sign of it yet. We're told this is where the epidemic now is but instead of focusing the resources on that they offered tests to anyone willing to get to a testing centre purely to boost numbers. I can understand mistakes but along the way there have been active decisions which have cost lives, and assuming they aren't as stupid as they often come across, decisions made that they knew would cost lives.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Yet even more Tory Govt. incompetence!

250 Ventilators that they ordered from China :| don't work and could kill people:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ss-despite

Just to think that if only the UK Govt. hadn't got 'confused' over emails from the EU, they could have purchased decent machines.

Meanwhile, PPE also purchased from China :| is either sub-standard; or has been incorrectly provided. Orders for long-sleeve surgical gowns have seen T-shirts supplied instead!

What a complete waste of Tax-payers money.

More importantly, whilst British lives are at risk, this pathetic, lying Tory Government, decide to look for products supplied by a country known for supplying useless, counterfeit tat. You really couldn't make it up.

I hope that they've left negative feedback on ebay.

This Government is an utter disgrace.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/york-nursing- ... 34354.html

if our government is incompetent what about America.
god knows how many deaths there will be there.

I still say the virus is man made.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

greyhound wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:29 pm https://uk.yahoo.com/news/york-nursing- ... 34354.html

if our government is incompetent what about America.
god knows how many deaths there will be there.

I still say the virus is man made.
Which man Grey?
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

new you would not be far behind DIS ;)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:28 am Yet even more Tory Govt. incompetence!

250 Ventilators that they ordered from China :| don't work and could kill people:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ss-despite

Just to think that if only the UK Govt. hadn't got 'confused' over emails from the EU, they could have purchased decent machines.

Meanwhile, PPE also purchased from China :| is either sub-standard; or has been incorrectly provided. Orders for long-sleeve surgical gowns have seen T-shirts supplied instead!

What a complete waste of Tax-payers money.

More importantly, whilst British lives are at risk, this pathetic, lying Tory Government, decide to look for products supplied by a country known for supplying useless, counterfeit tat. You really couldn't make it up.

I hope that they've left negative feedback on ebay.

This Government is an utter disgrace.
Last I heard, the EU deal hadn't delivered anything yet.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I hope the leaker is found and locked up for life. Disgusting.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Yes, this is the group that share intelligence, Five Eyes. Notice the list of countries. I had previously brought this up some weeks back.

What happened the USA and the UK in particular?
Why were they so laxa daisy about this virus?
Why did they downplay it originally?
You would like to think that Cobra meetings would be extremely important especially with the threat of a Global Pandemic.

Trump, Boris and Xii have blood on their hands and they have helped destroy the World's Economy.

Everybody knows that China is untrustworthy and we all know one of the Doctors who was a whistle-blower actually died off the Virus. Their death rate is bullshit. The very fact that they allowed millions to travel unimpeded was a disgrace. They're claiming to have a death rate of 3 per million. The very practice of wet markets always posed a threat of some form of outbreak, a despicable practice. They are not the only Asian country that is at that sh*t. China have kicked out many foreign correspondents including CNN and the Guardian.

They lack transparency but they along with Trump and Boris and others have to share their blame. It will all come out eventually.
Last edited by DonaldRocks on Sun May 03, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RoryRocks wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:08 am
Yes, this is the group that share intelligence, Five Eyes. Notice the list of countries. I had previously brought this up some weeks back.

Why were they so laxa daisy about this virus.
You would like to think that Cobra meetings would be extremely important especially with the threat of a Global Pandemic.

Trump, Boris and Xii have blood on their hands and they have helped destroy the World's Economy.

Everybody knows that China is untrustworthy and we all know one of the Doctors who was a whistle-blower actually died off the Virus. Their death rate is bullshit. The very fact that they allowed millions to travel unimpeded was a disgrace. They're claiming to have a death rate of 3 per million. The very practice of wet markets always posed a threat of some form of outbreak, a despicable practice. They are not the only Asian country that is at that sh*t. China have kicked out many foreign correspondents including CNN and the Guardian.

They lack transparency but they along with Trump and Boris and others have to share their blame. It will all come out eventually.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much are you a willy?
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:14 am
RoryRocks wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:08 am

Why were they so laxa daisy about this virus.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much are you a willy?
I must have hurt your sensitivity. Did I hit a nerve? What part of the post offends you? The truth will come out.

In the USA, the White House is already blocking testimony this week from Dr Fauci.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

I make me own prawn and chicken curry now wife and family love it.