Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

26,097 total deaths in hospitals, care homes and in the community.

That's around 3.5k deaths to add from the start of March up til yesterday from outside hospitals.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:01 pm 26,097 total deaths in hospitals, care homes and in the community.

That's around 3.5k deaths to add from the start of March up til yesterday from outside hospitals.
I see they are still not adding suspected cases, (ie) people who passed away but we're not tested so the real figure would be horrific, mind you the figures already are truly horrific as they stand. Behind each victim will be many friends and families. God bless them all.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RoryRocks wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:18 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:01 pm 26,097 total deaths in hospitals, care homes and in the community.

I see they are still not adding suspected cases, (ie) people who passed away but we're not tested so the real figure would be horrific, mind you the figures already are truly horrific as they stand. Behind each victim will be many friends and families. God bless them all.

On the other hand I think they are also still including people who happened to also have Coronavirus when they died, like Eddie Large who was hospitalised with and died because of heart failure
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:32 pm
RoryRocks wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:18 pm

On the other hand I think they are also still including people who happened to also have Coronavirus when they died, like Eddie Large who was hospitalised with and died because of heart failure
Yes but even after you've taken into account those that were tested it doesn't account for the large spike of other deaths in comparison to the past 5 years. This is especially the case for Nursing homes and Residential homecare settings. It appears that alot more people are turning up over the past month with sudden heart or stroke conditions. This would have to be determined by their doctors.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

EU suspending passenger rights so anyone hoping to get a refund for a holiday they'd booked are fuc*ed
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I'm not surprised, but that's going to f*** over a lot of people.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Still getting a credit note so what's the big deal?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedO wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:30 am Still getting a credit note so what's the big deal?
Corporate shill
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:00 am EU suspending passenger rights so anyone hoping to get a refund for a holiday they'd booked are fuc*ed
Do we know if the UK govt are retaining passenger rights?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:42 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:00 am EU suspending passenger rights so anyone hoping to get a refund for a holiday they'd booked are fuc*ed
Yes thankfully
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:53 am
Yes thankfully
Excellent but I can't help worrying there won't be any airlines left. I feel for that fella Branson who is about to lose his company.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Nobody is going anywhere soon anyway. These are extraordinary times. We are living through History. We need to learn big time from the mistakes made during this time.
Last edited by DonaldRocks on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RoryRocks wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Nobody is going anywhere soon anyway.
Exactly so would've been nice to have a refund instead of a voucher for 2022
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Yes thankfully
Excellent but I can't help worrying there won't be any airlines left. I feel for that fella Branson who is about to lose his company.
Virgin Atlantic were dogshit anyway
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:25 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Yes thankfully
Virgin Atlantic were dogshit anyway
You can't say that. FFS are you some sort of pink commie red.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Quick question to you all? I had a number of my family who were really ill all at the same time back about a week before Half term in the UK in London and Cambridge and it lasted for about 3 or 4 weeks. Extremely high temperatures, sore throat, headaches, shivers, no appetite, the worst cough they ever had, fatigue and in some instances projectile vomiting. In fact, one of my sisters had such a violent cough at the time she thought she had broke her ribs. When she eventually got to see the Doctor, the Doctor told her she had pulled muscles. None of them were tested at the time. I'm now thinking this virus was spreading like wildfire during February. Thankfully they are all well now but it has now donned on them too that they may very well have had it. The strange thing is not everybody in their house went down and had no symptoms. In fact, some of my relations in the UK and Ireland had the worst flu like symptoms back at the end of December early January, the likes they never experienced before. Have any of you had similar experiences?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

No
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

All of the symptoms you describe I had. They started up on Xmas Day and I was in my bed for three days. I didn't feel I full recovered until the end of January.

Mrs Gold didn't get if but then she gets a flu jab every year.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

674 new deaths (in hospitals, care home, community) since yesterday
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

My local Lidl introduced social distancing measures today. Kudos for being so quick off the mark.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Down to about 400 hospital deaths a day in England. This has halved from earlier in the month.

By June the worst will hopefully be over.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RoryRocks wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:11 pm Quick question to you all? I had a number of my family who were really ill all at the same time back about a week before Half term in the UK in London and Cambridge and it lasted for about 3 or 4 weeks. Extremely high temperatures, sore throat, headaches, shivers, no appetite, the worst cough they ever had, fatigue and in some instances projectile vomiting. In fact, one of my sisters had such a violent cough at the time she thought she had broke her ribs. When she eventually got to see the Doctor, the Doctor told her she had pulled muscles. None of them were tested at the time. I'm now thinking this virus was spreading like wildfire during February. Thankfully they are all well now but it has now donned on them too that they may very well have had it. The strange thing is not everybody in their house went down and had no symptoms. In fact, some of my relations in the UK and Ireland had the worst flu like symptoms back at the end of December early January, the likes they never experienced before. Have any of you had similar experiences?
Yes, Three people We know had the same thing in December they were in Cambridge and Suffolk doctors said it was flu, two of them were really poorly and were swabbed to identify the flu strain and both came back as unclassified this was before the tests for Covid. My wife and I both believe this was circulating before Christmas and that there is some sort of denial or cover up about this virus, we will probably never know the exact truth.

Be interesting when the antibody test comes out to see just how many people have had it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:54 pm Down to about 400 hospital deaths a day in England. This has halved from earlier in the month.

By June the worst will hopefully be over.
Don’t the other deaths count?
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:13 pm
RoryRocks wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:11 pm Quick question to you all? I had a number of my family who were really ill all at the same time back about a week before Half term in the UK in London and Cambridge and it lasted for about 3 or 4 weeks. Extremely high temperatures, sore throat, headaches, shivers, no appetite, the worst cough they ever had, fatigue and in some instances projectile vomiting. In fact, one of my sisters had such a violent cough at the time she thought she had broke her ribs. When she eventually got to see the Doctor, the Doctor told her she had pulled muscles. None of them were tested at the time. I'm now thinking this virus was spreading like wildfire during February. Thankfully they are all well now but it has now donned on them too that they may very well have had it. The strange thing is not everybody in their house went down and had no symptoms. In fact, some of my relations in the UK and Ireland had the worst flu like symptoms back at the end of December early January, the likes they never experienced before. Have any of you had similar experiences?
Yes, Three people We know had the same thing in December they were in Cambridge and Suffolk doctors said it was flu, two of them were really poorly and were swabbed to identify the flu strain and both came back as unclassified this was before the tests for Covid. My wife and I both believe this was circulating before Christmas and that there is some sort of denial or cover up about this virus, we will probably never know the exact truth.

Be interesting when the antibody test comes out to see just how many people have had it.
Thanks for sharing.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Fake news. A majority of countries within the EU are urging this.It's not some diktat from the European Parliament.

But you knew that.