Farage on Marr

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Farage on Marr

Post by EH16 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:00 pm
point nine one eight wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:36 pm
EH16 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Your argument is facile. We are (at the moment) part of the EU and have been for many years. We voted to leave. Simple, you say. But surely you didn't expect us to just leave without any form of negotiated deal? I don't believe most of the 17m or so expected that. If you did then, quite frankly, you ARE dumb and fully deserve to be called so.
You are so wrong if you took the time to speak to the people who voted Brexit instead of slagging everyone off who disagrees with you, you will find most if not all just wanted out, walk away, give them nothing, in other words NO DEAL
Yes, well said point nine.
This is so easy.
You are so wrong if you took the time to speak to the people who voted Brexit instead of slagging everyone off who disagrees with you, you will find most if not all just wanted out, walk away, give them nothing, in other words NO DEAL - You have no more spoken to 17M people than I have so your assertion is meaningless.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

like it or not a change is coming.
people are fed up with false promises by both party's so change will be inevitable weather we like it or not. :roll:
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

You might be right, but it's Farage and co (and Trump over the Pond) who are making the most false promises. Seems people only want to hold people to account when it suits them.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Two sides that'll never agree, arguing for people who will inevitably betray them. Pointless.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm That's because they don't understand the repercussions of no deal.
Yet another who believes they are right and everyone else (well over 17,000,000) are wrong. I have a vg idea of the repercussions of a no deal :
long term prosperity
ability to make our own laws for our own people,
stop subsidising bankrupt countries and look after our citizens first.
And before you moan about being selfish, the U.K. gives, I believe, more per head of population to developing countries than any other member of the EU.
Enough for you?
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

admin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Only reference I can find to that spurious claim is this: https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/foot ... -1-5990518

Looks like it was a decision made following recommendations made in a report commissioned by...the UK Government. So, erm, not the EU. 🤔

If that's not the story you were referring to, can you share the link?
2005 Cardiff city council

Assume you're referring to this: (Text from EuroMyths).

Tea bag ban over foot-and-mouth (BBC News Online, 7 January 2005)
Householders have been told not to throw tea bags in waste meant for compost because it is a foot-and-mouth risk. Cardiff council said European regulations meant tea bags or vegetable peelings could not go in bins used to collect “green” waste. The rules, which affect all local councils, say kitchen waste is a danger because it may have been in contact with meat. The bins are composted and sold to the public. Until now, users have been able to include material such as coffee filters and vegetable peelings. But the authority is set to enforce EU laws designed to prevent a further outbreak of foot-and-mouth by excluding materials which may have been in contact with meat and milk…

Under EU law the UK is fully entitled, but not obliged, to impose stringent standards on the composting of household catering waste. Following recent animal disease catastrophes, new EU rules are now in place to better control the processing and disposal of animal by-products – a major step forward in attempts to prevent another foot-and-mouth or BSE crisis. Whilst household catering waste – including teabags – falls within the scope of the EU Animal By-Products Regulation 2002, national rules may still be applied to its composting. It is also up to member states to ensure they have the treatment facilities in place to enforce their own standard.

Are you honestly saying directives such as the above (which is intended to assist in preventing further Foot and Mouth outbreaks which incidentally amounted to over 2000 cases and 6M sheep / cows being slaughtered) present genuine examples of EU laws you don't like? Seriously? It's a conversation I have with Brexiters constantly - you ask them what laws they don't like and besides banana shapes, I've yet to have anyone put forward a law that makes their lives intolerable.

Oh and by the way the stuff about balloons / 8 years olds is bollocks as well - https://www.eurofins.co.uk/news-archive ... -balloons/
What about straight cucumbers? Was or was that not an EU directive?
Banning no high powered vacuum cleaners was an EU directive. The fact that more powerful vacuum cleaners are quicker and more efficient and therefore save time for the operator and cost in electricity because they are switched on for less time was overlooked by the geniuses in Brussels or Strasbourg or wherever in the vast ministries of silly rules that we are paying for
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:54 pm You might be right, but it's Farage and co (and Trump over the Pond) who are making the most false promises. Seems people only want to hold people to account when it suits them.
you have to give it to both of them. whatever they are saying to the people is working.
we all no that Farage will walk the the EU elections, and trump will will be elected next time round.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:13 pm
admin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm
2005 Cardiff city council

Assume you're referring to this: (Text from EuroMyths).

Tea bag ban over foot-and-mouth (BBC News Online, 7 January 2005)
Householders have been told not to throw tea bags in waste meant for compost because it is a foot-and-mouth risk. Cardiff council said European regulations meant tea bags or vegetable peelings could not go in bins used to collect “green” waste. The rules, which affect all local councils, say kitchen waste is a danger because it may have been in contact with meat. The bins are composted and sold to the public. Until now, users have been able to include material such as coffee filters and vegetable peelings. But the authority is set to enforce EU laws designed to prevent a further outbreak of foot-and-mouth by excluding materials which may have been in contact with meat and milk…

Under EU law the UK is fully entitled, but not obliged, to impose stringent standards on the composting of household catering waste. Following recent animal disease catastrophes, new EU rules are now in place to better control the processing and disposal of animal by-products – a major step forward in attempts to prevent another foot-and-mouth or BSE crisis. Whilst household catering waste – including teabags – falls within the scope of the EU Animal By-Products Regulation 2002, national rules may still be applied to its composting. It is also up to member states to ensure they have the treatment facilities in place to enforce their own standard.

Are you honestly saying directives such as the above (which is intended to assist in preventing further Foot and Mouth outbreaks which incidentally amounted to over 2000 cases and 6M sheep / cows being slaughtered) present genuine examples of EU laws you don't like? Seriously? It's a conversation I have with Brexiters constantly - you ask them what laws they don't like and besides banana shapes, I've yet to have anyone put forward a law that makes their lives intolerable.

Oh and by the way the stuff about balloons / 8 years olds is bollocks as well - https://www.eurofins.co.uk/news-archive ... -balloons/
What about straight cucumbers? Was or was that not an EU directive?
Banning no high powered vacuum cleaners was an EU directive. The fact that more powerful vacuum cleaners are quicker and more efficient and therefore save time for the operator and cost in electricity because they are switched on for less time was overlooked by the geniuses in Brussels or Strasbourg or wherever in the vast ministries of silly rules that we are paying for
Check the EU law re tendering for major contracts in industry. I think you’ll find we are made to make the tenders open to all. Fair on UK companies?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

greyhound wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:54 pm You might be right, but it's Farage and co (and Trump over the Pond) who are making the most false promises. Seems people only want to hold people to account when it suits them.
you have to give it to both of them. whatever they are saying to the people is working.
we all no that Farage will walk the the EU elections, and trump will will be elected next time round.
It's not what Farage is doing but what the two main party's aren't doing.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I know the repercussions of no deal. It will piss off remainers, guardian readers, liberals, globalists, the majority in the Media and performing arts, and perhaps most sweetly of all, Gina Miller. Are there any positives? Who cares.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:18 pm
greyhound wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 pm
It's not what Farage is doing but what the two main party's aren't doing.
yep I will agree with that ;)
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

"I have a vg understanding of no deal.

Long term prosperity!"

😂😂😂
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm "I have a vg understanding of no deal.

Long term prosperity!"

😂😂😂
Glad you agree
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Not really understanding of a repercussion, is it though? It's a bad faith guess.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:50 pm Not really understanding of a repercussion, is it though? It's a bad faith guess.
Boring!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

And there we have it. As with all Brexiters, disengages when pressed on detail.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 pm And there we have it. As with all Brexiters, disengages when pressed on detail.
I was just wondering, what do you think the EU will look like in about 10 years time.?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Difficult to say. Think they've had their fingers burned on expansion so don't expect to see any new nations join any time soon - especially Turkey, which Farage and Johnson both claimed was a done deal, remember.

Countries which are struggling will likely continue to struggle but others, such as France, Germany and Ireland will undoubtedly pick up business from the UK while we probably struggle to attract investment, at least on terms favourable to us.

If we tank it will probably put a stop to Frexit etc. The rise of the far right in countries such as Hungary is a concern (as it is here) and it will be interesting to see how that is combatted. I'd like to think it'd be done by progressive cross national socially progressive policies but it may be that they're pulled along to the right as in the past.

Economically I think the EU won't be affected much by us leaving.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:38 am Andrew Marr's interview with Farage, well hardly any questions about Brexit, the single most important issue in the country probably at the moment, so pretty well sums up what the interviewer was trying to do.....or avoid in this case !! Can Marr also have Mrs May on there and ask her if she still stand's by "I will deliver the BREXIT people asked for" and "No deal is better than a bad deal" !! Or even better, let us have 80% of any of the MP's on there and ask "Do you still agree with your manifesto promise, that you were elected on, that you will support this ''Once in a generation vote'' there will be no going back, the people have spoken and we will deliver on that result" Not a chance of this happening, I mean after all, this is the ''Brussels Broadcasting Consortium'' !
Not your best post Sid TBH.

Might be worth a re-think.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 pm And there we have it. As with all Brexiters, disengages when pressed on detail.
?? Disengaged when pressed on detail??

Not at all it’s just that some remainers can’t accept another point of view so no matter what is said they’ll disagree and come up with bland comments as above.

If you want a sensible argument then bring it on.

As Mrs T said ‘ I enjoy a good argument ‘

But if you want to simply resort to insults when I disagree with you then yes, you are boring and I’ll disengage any conversation with you.Your generalisations are frankly ludicrous.

To dismiss 17,000,000 people as being plain wrong/dumb/stupid is bonkers. Just as it would be if I claimed that over 15,000,000 were also wrong etc.

Unlike you, I am prepared to listen and respect others views. The fact I don’t agree is no reason to insult their intelligence. Unfortunately we will never all agree on this and once the final lawful decision is made, one side will have to accept defeat and start trying to rebuild bridges with the other side. That is democracy and here is the olive branch, accept that there are two sides to every argument, and I’ll then listen to and respect your views even if I disagree with them.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

But aren’t you claiming that 15 000 000 are wrong, plus the millions who have now changed their minds who now realise they were lied to?
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Disoriented wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:01 pm But aren’t you claiming that 15 000 000 are wrong, plus the millions who have now changed their minds who now realise they were lied to?
Oh dear, read what I said
17,000,000 + voted for Brexit which I support
15,000,000+ voted for Remain which I disagree with (not that they are necessarily completely wrong)
Where are these millions who have now changed their minds as they were lied to? Your proof of this is?
Latest opinion poll gives Brexit 34%, more than the Combined total of Labour and Lib Dem’s. But the only proof will be at the ballot box.
Stop living in a fantasy world and accept facts not fiction
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Disoriented wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:01 pm But aren’t you claiming that 15 000 000 are wrong, plus the millions who have now changed their minds who now realise they were lied to?
So we weren't lied to in 1975. Righto.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Before my time. What were the lies in 1975?