Farage on Marr

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Re: Farage on Marr

Post by Winchesterfan »

BoniO wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:36 am
Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm In a sane world, it was a car crash. But we don't live in a sane world. Edited versions will be being shared all day showing him 'owning' the liberal, biased BBC.

No one who is dumb enough to vote for the Brexit party cares about a manifesto or what he actually believes, he proved that last time by getting people to vote Leave in the first place. He's promised something that doesn't exist then, when it hasn't materialised, he's convinced them to blame other people. He's untouchable and the mainstream media, by constantly giving him airtime - genuinely admired him keeping a straight face when he claimed they were biased against him - are playing right into his grubby hands.
Here we go again calling millions of people dumb. Like him or hate him Farage has a very clear simple message. You may not agree but I take exception to being called dumb by someone who doesn’t know me. I’d have a little more respect for you if you apologised but I don’t believe you have the guts to do so as you just insult anyone who disagrees with you. That attitude is a form of dictatorship.
If you think Farage has a "very clear simple message" then what is it? He's a racist scumbag with his own agenda - which is basically for his own gratification and egotism (and no doubt more than a few bob on the side). If you truly think he's championing the British people in their desire for Brexit then I truly do despair. Anyone who falls for his "man of the people", a bit of a laugh down the pub, straight-talking, act really do deserve to be called dumb.
Brexit means leave the EU. How can it be any simpler than that. The referendum asked if would stay in or leave. A majority of people voted to leave, nothing was said about a negotiated deal to leave or a negotiated deal to remain. Don’t try and distort the facts and I repeat you should not insult over 17,000,000 people just because you disagree.

PS if Farage is a racist egotistical with his own agenda then please publish exact quotes to substantiate your claims
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm In a sane world, it was a car crash. But we don't live in a sane world. Edited versions will be being shared all day showing him 'owning' the liberal, biased BBC.

No one who is dumb enough to vote for the Brexit party cares about a manifesto or what he actually believes, he proved that last time by getting people to vote Leave in the first place. He's promised something that doesn't exist then, when it hasn't materialised, he's convinced them to blame other people. He's untouchable and the mainstream media, by constantly giving him airtime - genuinely admired him keeping a straight face when he claimed they were biased against him - are playing right into his grubby hands.
Here we go again calling millions of people dumb. Like him or hate him Farage has a very clear simple message. You may not agree but I take exception to being called dumb by someone who doesn’t know me. I’d have a little more respect for you if you apologised but I don’t believe you have the guts to do so as you just insult anyone who disagrees with you. That attitude is a form of dictatorship.
If you think Farage has a "very clear simple message" then what is it? He's a racist scumbag with his own agenda - which is basically for his own gratification and egotism (and no doubt more than a few bob on the side). If you truly think he's championing the British people in their desire for Brexit then I truly do despair. Anyone who falls for his "man of the people", a bit of a laugh down the pub, straight-talking, act really do deserve to be called dumb.
Brexit means leave the EU. How can it be any simpler than that. The referendum asked if would stay in or leave. A majority of people voted to leave, nothing was said about a negotiated deal to leave or a negotiated deal to remain. Don’t try and distort the facts and I repeat you should not insult over 17,000,000 people just because you disagree.

PS if Farage is a racist egotistical with his own agenda then please publish exact quotes to substantiate your claims
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

slacker wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 pm His fans will love it. Very Trump-like performance.

He’s a magnet for the brexiteers and gammons, as can be seen on the soaring Brexit Party poll ratings. To me he’s just a populist empty vessel - and bloody dangerous - a posh lad who’s conned some he’s a man of the people who can stick it to the establishment.
What is "the establishment" these days?
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:37 pm
We're going to have to introduce some kind of Good Friday representation split for leavers and remainers aren't we?
Almost correct. A wall around the M25 would make a good start with a last chance week's clear passage permitted for anyone with the good sense to leave London.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Flying Hippo wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:37 pm
We're going to have to introduce some kind of Good Friday representation split for leavers and remainers aren't we?
Almost correct. A wall around the M25 would make a good start with a last chance week's clear passage permitted for anyone with the good sense to leave London.
#accidentalpartridge
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Saying I think people who are taken in by Farage are dumb is a form of dictatorship? Quite a benign dictatorship, by the sound of it.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 am

Your argument is facile. We are (at the moment) part of the EU and have been for many years. We voted to leave. Simple, you say. But surely you didn't expect us to just leave without any form of negotiated deal? I don't believe most of the 17m or so expected that. If you did then, quite frankly, you ARE dumb and fully deserve to be called so.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 am
Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:35 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:57 pm
I’m sure he is. But as a journalist and presenter on the bbc, it’s not your job to ask leading questions according to your bias, quite the opposite, in fact.
As a BBC journalist it's his job to hold the fascists feet to the fire.
No, it’s not
Yes it is. Now shut up.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:35 pm

As a BBC journalist it's his job to hold the fascists feet to the fire.
No, it’s not
Yes it is. Now shut up.
^ THIS :lol:
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

EH16 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Your argument is facile. We are (at the moment) part of the EU and have been for many years. We voted to leave. Simple, you say. But surely you didn't expect us to just leave without any form of negotiated deal? I don't believe most of the 17m or so expected that. If you did then, quite frankly, you ARE dumb and fully deserve to be called so.
You are so wrong if you took the time to speak to the people who voted Brexit instead of slagging everyone off who disagrees with you, you will find most if not all just wanted out, walk away, give them nothing, in other words NO DEAL
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

That's because they don't understand the repercussions of no deal.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Because they're dumb.

See, it all leads back to this. Looks like its me who is owed the apology.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Another one who thinks anyone who disagrees with them is Dumb. Might I suggest you give people who disagree with you some credit?

Of course negotiations are required WHEN we leave the EU but I’d prefer these to be controlled by the UK and not the EU. At the moment we appear to do as told by the EU and if we dare challenge anything they just laugh at our sheer incompetence. The UK is one of the largest and strongest economies not just in Europe but in the world (number five I believe) and will manage just fine without the unelected politicians drawing salaries and expenses to make laws about the shape of bananas ,cucumbers etc.

Also do we really need to be told that children under eight should not blow up balloons without adult supervision or that local councils can ban the composting of used tea bags? Under EU law a local council told householders not to throw away used tea bags in an attempt to stop the spread of foot and mouth disease.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Of course negotiations are required WHEN we leave the EU but I’d prefer these to be controlled by the UK and not the EU. At the moment we appear to do as told by the EU and if we dare challenge anything they just laugh at our sheer incompetence.
Negotiations are a two way process. You can't 'control' them. Unless you happen to be the much bigger party and hold all the bargaining power, which makes things a bit awkward.

Also, heh at them laughing at our incompetence. Do you blame them?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:53 pm that local councils can ban the composting of used tea bags? Under EU law a local council told householders not to throw away used tea bags in an attempt to stop the spread of foot and mouth disease.
Only reference I can find to that spurious claim is this: https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/foot ... -1-5990518

Looks like it was a decision made following recommendations made in a report commissioned by...the UK Government. So, erm, not the EU. 🤔

If that's not the story you were referring to, can you share the link?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm That's because they don't understand the repercussions of no deal.
And you don't understand the repercussions by staying in. You have no idea what those Eurocrats are drumming up in their minds for the future.
So maybe you lot are dumb too.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Of course negotiations are required WHEN we leave the EU but I’d prefer these to be controlled by the UK and not the EU. At the moment we appear to do as told by the EU and if we dare challenge anything they just laugh at our sheer incompetence.
Negotiations are a two way process. You can't 'control' them. Unless you happen to be the much bigger party and hold all the bargaining power, which makes things a bit awkward.

Also, heh at them laughing at our incompetence. Do you blame them?
I agree with you! I don’t blame them at all for laughing at our incompetence. A very sound reason to leave with No Deal. Thanks for your support.

Re control if we leave then we have control regardless of size so what’s your point?
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:13 pm
Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:53 pm that local councils can ban the composting of used tea bags? Under EU law a local council told householders not to throw away used tea bags in an attempt to stop the spread of foot and mouth disease.
Only reference I can find to that spurious claim is this: https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/foot ... -1-5990518

Looks like it was a decision made following recommendations made in a report commissioned by...the UK Government. So, erm, not the EU. 🤔

2005 Cardiff city council
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

EH16 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm
No, it’s not
Yes it is. Now shut up.
^ THIS :lol:
No matter what you think of Farage, the BBC is literally bound by impartiality rules.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Now ill shut up
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Assume you're referring to this: (Text from EuroMyths).

Tea bag ban over foot-and-mouth (BBC News Online, 7 January 2005)
Householders have been told not to throw tea bags in waste meant for compost because it is a foot-and-mouth risk. Cardiff council said European regulations meant tea bags or vegetable peelings could not go in bins used to collect “green” waste. The rules, which affect all local councils, say kitchen waste is a danger because it may have been in contact with meat. The bins are composted and sold to the public. Until now, users have been able to include material such as coffee filters and vegetable peelings. But the authority is set to enforce EU laws designed to prevent a further outbreak of foot-and-mouth by excluding materials which may have been in contact with meat and milk…

Under EU law the UK is fully entitled, but not obliged, to impose stringent standards on the composting of household catering waste. Following recent animal disease catastrophes, new EU rules are now in place to better control the processing and disposal of animal by-products – a major step forward in attempts to prevent another foot-and-mouth or BSE crisis. Whilst household catering waste – including teabags – falls within the scope of the EU Animal By-Products Regulation 2002, national rules may still be applied to its composting. It is also up to member states to ensure they have the treatment facilities in place to enforce their own standard.

Are you honestly saying directives such as the above (which is intended to assist in preventing further Foot and Mouth outbreaks which incidentally amounted to over 2000 cases and 6M sheep / cows being slaughtered) present genuine examples of EU laws you don't like? Seriously? It's a conversation I have with Brexiters constantly - you ask them what laws they don't like and besides banana shapes, I've yet to have anyone put forward a law that makes their lives intolerable.

Oh and by the way the stuff about balloons / 8 years olds is bollocks as well - https://www.eurofins.co.uk/news-archive ... -balloons/
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Just looked to see if someone was banned.Dammit.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

admin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Assume you're referring to this: (Text from EuroMyths).

Tea bag ban over foot-and-mouth (BBC News Online, 7 January 2005)
Householders have been told not to throw tea bags in waste meant for compost because it is a foot-and-mouth risk. Cardiff council said European regulations meant tea bags or vegetable peelings could not go in bins used to collect “green” waste. The rules, which affect all local councils, say kitchen waste is a danger because it may have been in contact with meat. The bins are composted and sold to the public. Until now, users have been able to include material such as coffee filters and vegetable peelings. But the authority is set to enforce EU laws designed to prevent a further outbreak of foot-and-mouth by excluding materials which may have been in contact with meat and milk…

Under EU law the UK is fully entitled, but not obliged, to impose stringent standards on the composting of household catering waste. Following recent animal disease catastrophes, new EU rules are now in place to better control the processing and disposal of animal by-products – a major step forward in attempts to prevent another foot-and-mouth or BSE crisis. Whilst household catering waste – including teabags – falls within the scope of the EU Animal By-Products Regulation 2002, national rules may still be applied to its composting. It is also up to member states to ensure they have the treatment facilities in place to enforce their own standard.

Are you honestly saying directives such as the above (which is intended to assist in preventing further Foot and Mouth outbreaks which incidentally amounted to over 2000 cases and 6M sheep / cows being slaughtered) present genuine examples of EU laws you don't like? Seriously? It's a conversation I have with Brexiters constantly - you ask them what laws they don't like and besides banana shapes, I've yet to have anyone put forward a law that makes their lives intolerable.

Oh and by the way the stuff about balloons / 8 years olds is bollocks as well - https://www.eurofins.co.uk/news-archive ... -balloons/
Honestly, this is too easy.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

point nine one eight wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:36 pm

You are so wrong if you took the time to speak to the people who voted Brexit instead of slagging everyone off who disagrees with you, you will find most if not all just wanted out, walk away, give them nothing, in other words NO DEAL
Yes, well said point nine.
This is so easy.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Another one who thinks anyone who disagrees with them is Dumb. Might I suggest you give people who disagree with you some credit?

Of course negotiations are required WHEN we leave the EU but I’d prefer these to be controlled by the UK and not the EU. At the moment we appear to do as told by the EU and if we dare challenge anything they just laugh at our sheer incompetence. The UK is one of the largest and strongest economies not just in Europe but in the world (number five I believe) and will manage just fine without the unelected politicians drawing salaries and expenses to make laws about the shape of bananas ,cucumbers etc.

Also do we really need to be told that children under eight should not blow up balloons without adult supervision or that local councils can ban the composting of used tea bags? Under EU law a local council told householders not to throw away used tea bags in an attempt to stop the spread of foot and mouth disease.
Another one who thinks anyone who disagrees with them is Dumb No, I don't. I do, however, think anyone who didn't appreciate there would need to be a deal IS dumb.

Of course negotiations are required WHEN we leave the EU No, you negotiate the terms ON WHICH you leave. You don't just walk out of a contract and negotiate the terms afterwards. Here comes that word again - anything else is DUMB.

I’d prefer these to be controlled by the UK and not the EU. The very term negotiate suggests input from two parties.

if we dare challenge anything they just laugh at our sheer incompetence Two things - if we dare challenge? This from a government who went into this process with 'red lines' which are non negotiable? And they laugh at our sheer incompetence - Yes, them and the rest of the world. Are you still not aware our government is a laughing stock?

Finally, your nonsensical drivel about bananas and tea bags and stuff is just peurile. Always the same stuff dummies come up with to knock the EU, never mind anything else good that may have occurred.