Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Admin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:12 pm She's quite good looking for a woman approaching 50
Is the smirk that does it for you?
It's the natural response to me dropping my strides
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

StillSpike wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:27 pm I'm absolutely sure Brexit had nothing at all to do with the Labour heartlands abandoning their roots, and that it was all the Labour Party becoming too extreme.
I don't think Corbyn sitting on the fence helped either, after all remainers were telling us for three years there was only a very small majority that voted leave. It needed a strong and consistent message from the Labour Party but you never had a strong and consistent leader and it cost you.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The labour heartlands largely abandoned Labour during the Blair/Brown years. They drifted to UKIP, then the Brexit Party and finally to the Tories. Brexit may have got them to vote Tory in 2019, but they'd abandoned Labour long before.

Corbyn, and the party Labour has become, was unable to connect with them and convince them to come back. To do so would have required a swing to the right on social policies. But that's something the party faithful will never entertain (and I'm not suggesting they should).

And that's the dilemma for Labour. It's easier for the Tories to swing left on economic policies than it is for Labour to move right on social policies. That leaves the election sweet spot easier for the Tories to occupy.

Anyway, what we're living through right now is going to completely rewrite the political landscape. So all the analysis is not worth the time it has taken me to write out this drivel.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Dunners wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:49 pm The labour heartlands largely abandoned Labour during the Blair/Brown years. They drifted to UKIP, then the Brexit Party and finally to the Tories. Brexit may have got them to vote Tory in 2019, but they'd abandoned Labour long before.

Corbyn, and the party Labour has become, was unable to connect with them and convince them to come back. To do so would have required a swing to the right on social policies. But that's something the party faithful will never entertain (and I'm not suggesting they should).

And that's the dilemma for Labour. It's easier for the Tories to swing left on economic policies than it is for Labour to move right on social policies. That leaves the election sweet spot easier for the Tories to occupy.

Anyway, what we're living through right now is going to completely rewrite the political landscape. So all the analysis is not worth the time it has taken me to write out this drivel.
Not sure that's right re Blair and Brown didn't look that way in 2017 but don't under estimate the numbers of people who regard themselves as neither left or right wing. There is no main party that caters for that vote given the Lib Dems continue to decline. Starmer not being hard left will appeal to those voters but don't think for one minute it's just a case of sitting back and watching Boris and co implode because as a centrist voter myself I want to be won over by moderate policies and Strong leadership from Labour.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

In 2017 they benefited from Corbyn being in his honeymoon period and from May's disastrous election campaign. But there has been a trend towards their votes being concentrated in metropolitan areas and university towns.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Also, Starmer is the epitome of a metropolitan elite remainer. I've nothing against him, but I reckon he'll struggle to win back lost English and Scottish voters.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Interesting article about the so called Russia Report, . This shows Johnson and the Tories in a bad l ight. Click the link for more details
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/bori ... in-2019-11
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am Nuneaton and Coyos are awake, just need a few more on here and then wider country to realise the deception that is being played out before our very eyes.

Top posts by you both as well.
There is being Woke & then there is having the wool
Pulled over your head . 2 very different things .

Some believe that a biological weapon escaped
😁
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:19 pm Interesting article about the so called Russia Report, . This shows Johnson and the Tories in a bad l ight. Click the link for more details
I'm sure that some will continue to unquestioningly support the Tories despite their, by now, blindingly obvious commitment to no one but their rich backers. The Tory party only exists because the little people got their act together and started to get organised. The only purpose the Tory party serves is to protect the vested interests of the Capitalist class. They hold you in complete and utter contempt. There's no policy or principle that they won't bin or adopt if it maintains the status quo. One minute globalist - the next protectionist. One minute free market - the next minute state Capitalist, one minute socially liberal - the next populist intolerance, one minute the staunchest advocates of democracy and the rule of law - the next contemptuous of popular power, the law courts, democratic institutions and the rule of law. The only constant is the defence of power and wealth inequality. Everything else is negotiable. That tells you what these people are really about.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:19 pm Interesting article about the so called Russia Report, . This shows Johnson and the Tories in a bad l ight. Click the link for more details
So the Tories are in the pay of Russia but blamed them (wrongly) for the Skripal affair and tricked the EU into believing they were behind it?

Genius double bluff
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Admin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:12 pm She's quite good looking for a woman approaching 50
It’s the smirk isn’t it?
It's not so much of a smirk.............it's more akin to a grimace. It reminds me more of someone holding in a wet fart, in fear of following through.

Whatever it is, it's always plastered on the moosh of a particularly vile, untrustworthy creature.

Unfair, some may say. "I'm sorry if people feel that".
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Good to see Boris coming out of incubation on Monday to
Deal with the F*ck ups him & his mates have caused to
the already dangerous "Virus " .
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Eat The Rich wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:11 pm
I'm sure that some will continue to unquestioningly support the Tories despite their, by now, blindingly obvious commitment to no one but their rich backers. The Tory party only exists because the little people got their act together and started to get organised. The only purpose the Tory party serves is to protect the vested interests of the Capitalist class. They hold you in complete and utter contempt. There's no policy or principle that they won't bin or adopt if it maintains the status quo. One minute globalist - the next protectionist. One minute free market - the next minute state Capitalist, one minute socially liberal - the next populist intolerance, one minute the staunchest advocates of democracy and the rule of law - the next contemptuous of popular power, the law courts, democratic institutions and the rule of law. The only constant is the defence of power and wealth inequality. Everything else is negotiable. That tells you what these people are really about.
👏
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Yes, let's see how the Corrupt and Wealthy Russians have slowly infested the top of British Society. Let's see how they have invested dirty money into British and European society. Must be a reason why Boris didn't want anybody to see this report before the last election. It's abit like the Mueller report (Although this was a very narrow investigation and the Mueller team spun off alot of it to the intelligence community) in the US that Trumps hand picked AG suppressed and spun.

Come out on Monday Boris and tell us how big a friend you are now of Trumps. Come out and tell the people how as Foreign Minister you went to a party in Italy with many dodgy characters without your security detail. We all have time at this moment for you to come clean. Perhaps your pal Rasputtin Aka Cummings would like to explain his role. What influence do the Russians have over him since his days in College in Russia?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Tories still on 50% guess this board isn't reflective of real life

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Of course it is not DCc this board is perpetually inhabited by rapid left wing sheep. Wake up people we are being played and you are all walking into what they want you to do.

I'm out of here, I'm taking a break from this board.

Stay safe all, be careful and look after your loved ones. Peace and love to all.

This is not a flouncing just a break as the terminator said. "I'll be back"
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:45 am Of course it is not DCc this board is perpetually inhabited by rapid left wing sheep. Wake up people we are being played and you are all walking into what they want you to do.

Stay safe all, be careful and look after your loved ones. Peace and love to all.

See ya Gilso 👊
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 am Tories still on 50% guess this board isn't reflective of real life

Time will tell. After people see what really was happening, I look forward to you showing us the polls.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:45 am Of course it is not DCc this board is perpetually inhabited by rapid left wing sheep. Wake up people we are being played and you are all walking into what they want you to do.

I realise that you've disappeared now and thus will be unable to clarify but I feel clarification is needed.

By left wing sheep you seem to mean to suggest that we are what? tribal? Ideological? They're not the same thing by the way. A tribalist is someone unconcerned with content and merely sides with which ever in group they have traditionally associated with. An Ideologue on the other hand is content driven and doesn't deviate from their principles even if that risks them coming into conflict with their traditional political grouping. I would totally disagree the tribal accusation. The ideological accusation would need further unpacking.

More interesting to me is the second entreaties - to 'wake up' and that we are 'being played'. Who needs to wake up, from what? And who is doing the playing and what is it that they are playing?

I'm going to guess given your stated political beliefs and the inference in your first sentence that the left need to wake up. That would further suggest that the Left are being played. But by who and to what end? Are the left being played by...the left? We're certainly not being played left wingers in power as I can't think of any. Are we being played Right wingers in power? How does that work?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Enjoy your flounce!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: 🐏🐑🐏🐑 bah baah baaaaah

Post by tuffers#1 »

If its good enough for the donald
Its good enough for the thory

Thory , you didnt say disinfectant
😁😁

You dont need to hide
You dont need to pretend that
You arent a sheep too.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Ah I see now the sheep got rapid when the disinfectant was applied.

Mikero
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Dunners wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:03 pm Also, Starmer is the epitome of a metropolitan elite remainer. I've nothing against him, but I reckon he'll struggle to win back lost English and Scottish voters.
Early days and perhaps not the person to completely solve Labours issues. But a step in the ‘right direction’ in both senses of the term.

Leave the extremists, left and right, on the periphery and take the fight to the centre ground. That is where elections are won and lost.

Onwards and upwards.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Elections aren’t being won on centre ground.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RoryRocks wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 am
Yes, let's see how the Corrupt and Wealthy Russians have slowly infested the top of British Society. Let's see how they have invested dirty money into British and European society. Must be a reason why Boris didn't want anybody to see this report before the last election. It's abit like the Mueller report (Although this was a very narrow investigation and the Mueller team spun off alot of it to the intelligence community) in the US that Trumps hand picked AG suppressed and spun.

Come out on Monday Boris and tell us how big a friend you are now of Trumps. Come out and tell the people how as Foreign Minister you went to a party in Italy with many dodgy characters without your security detail. We all have time at this moment for you to come clean. Perhaps your pal Rasputtin Aka Cummings would like to explain his role. What influence do the Russians have over him since his days in College in Russia?
Pointless donating to Labour. Money down the drain. They want to influence those in power. Even they could see Comrade Corbyn was a waste of space.