Farage on Marr

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Farage on Marr

Post by BoniO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:14 pm
BoniO wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:50 pm
Beradogs wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:30 pm Marr normally gives those he interviews an easy time. He went after Farage in a big way. Clear BBC bias and am glad Farage called him out.
Yeah, it could be bias or maybe he thinks Farage is a self-serving racist piece of ordure. Just a thought.
So, biased then?
Or maybe a good judge of people.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm
slacker wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 pm Funny how both lefties & right-wingers moan on & on about the Beeb being biased for the other side...

To me, they try to be impartial but being staffed by establishment Oxbridge types they end up just sticking to the establishment line.
When it comes to Question time panelists, there can be NO argument as to which side of the Brexit debate gets the most panelists, remain around 70% in most cases. Last week panelists were 3 remainers, one who could see both sides of the debate who was a labour voting business man and one pro leave Farage. Previous week, even more biassed towards remain, 4 remainers and one leaver !! How can this possibly be viewed as BBC being unbiased ? Same thing goes right to the top, House of Commons, from all accounts out of 650 MPs, 500 voted to remain in the 2016 referendum but the same House of Parliament voted overwhelmingly to honour the referendum result !!
On Sky TV ''The Pledge'' the panelists seems to be more like 50/50 or most debates including Brexit. BBC News biassed towards leave, no doubt at all.
In a way, its just like in some tin pot Dictatorship Countries where General elections take place then if the result does not favour the person in power, so the Leader of the Country chooses to ignore the result declares the election invalid and stays in power !! In 2016 the Uk voted in a referendum as to leave or stay in the EU, the Uk voted to leave the EU and those in charge have chosen not to honour the vote and the can has been kicked down the road !!
We're going to have to introduce some kind of Good Friday representation split for leavers and remainers aren't we? Conspiratorial gammons are properly losing it.

I find the amount of radio and air time fringe nutters like IDS, Farage and Francois get, giving an implied credibility to some unbelievably nonsensical BS, to be a failure from the BBC. Very rare to listen to the Today Programme without one of them popping up. And then you have evidently pro-Brexit hosts like John Humphrys and Andrew Neil (who is chair of the media group that owns the Spectator, lest we forget.)

Farage is a disgusting and shameless self-publicist. Truly depressing that a man that seems to hate every aspect of modern Britain is lauded as this great patriot.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Explain how he hates every aspect of modern Britain. I’ll get a hot chocolate on while I await your reply.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:40 pm Explain how he hates every aspect of modern Britain. I’ll get a hot chocolate on while I await your reply.
I note that you've chosen not to argue against him being a vile self-serving racist. That really would be a "Mission Impossible" scenario.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

BoniO wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 pm
BoniO wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Yeah, it could be bias or maybe he thinks Farage is a self-serving racist piece of ordure. Just a thought.
So, biased then?
I’m sure he is. But as a journalist and presenter on the bbc, it’s not your job to ask leading questions according to your bias, quite the opposite, in fact.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:37 pm
slacker wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 pm Funny how both lefties & right-wingers moan on & on about the Beeb being biased for the other side...

To me, they try to be impartial but being staffed by establishment Oxbridge types they end up just sticking to the establishment line.
When it comes to Question time panelists, there can be NO argument as to which side of the Brexit debate gets the most panelists, remain around 70% in most cases. Last week panelists were 3 remainers, one who could see both sides of the debate who was a labour voting business man and one pro leave Farage. Previous week, even more biassed towards remain, 4 remainers and one leaver !! How can this possibly be viewed as BBC being unbiased ? Same thing goes right to the top, House of Commons, from all accounts out of 650 MPs, 500 voted to remain in the 2016 referendum but the same House of Parliament voted overwhelmingly to honour the referendum result !!
On Sky TV ''The Pledge'' the panelists seems to be more like 50/50 or most debates including Brexit. BBC News biassed towards leave, no doubt at all.
In a way, its just like in some tin pot Dictatorship Countries where General elections take place then if the result does not favour the person in power, so the Leader of the Country chooses to ignore the result declares the election invalid and stays in power !! In 2016 the Uk voted in a referendum as to leave or stay in the EU, the Uk voted to leave the EU and those in charge have chosen not to honour the vote and the can has been kicked down the road !!
We're going to have to introduce some kind of Good Friday representation split for leavers and remainers aren't we? Conspiratorial gammons are properly losing it.

I find the amount of radio and air time fringe nutters like IDS, Farage and Francois get, giving an implied credibility to some unbelievably nonsensical BS, to be a failure from the BBC. Very rare to listen to the Today Programme without one of them popping up. And then you have evidently pro-Brexit hosts like John Humphrys and Andrew Neil (who is chair of the media group that owns the Spectator, lest we forget.)

Farage is a disgusting and shameless self-publicist. Truly depressing that a man that seems to hate every aspect of modern Britain is lauded as this great patriot.
But is it not the BBC who have invited him on?

Unfortunately because only 150 MP's voted for leaving, there are not that many to choose from. Therein lies the problem.

Just one other point about Farage. He was a member of the conservative party. In 1993 when the the Maastricht treaty was agreed by parliament, but only by the speakers vote, did he resign and set up UKip.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm Been on the booze have we max?
No just adding context. I know it's difficult for you to comprehend.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:57 pm

So, biased then?
I’m sure he is. But as a journalist and presenter on the bbc, it’s not your job to ask leading questions according to your bias, quite the opposite, in fact.
As a BBC journalist it's his job to hold the fascists feet to the fire.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Unfortunately because only 150 MP's voted for leaving, there are not that many to choose from. Therein lies the problem.

Just one other point about Farage. He was a member of the conservative party. In 1993 when the the Maastricht treaty was agreed by parliament, but only by the speakers vote, did he resign and set up UKip.
Who cares? The vile little posh boy has gone onto be a proto fascist. Stirring up the leaden headed numpties with his lies and dog whistle Anti Semitism and Islamophobia.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Who cares? The vile little posh boy has gone onto be a proto fascist. Stirring up the leaden headed numpties with his lies and dog whistle Anti Semitism and Islamophobia.
Oh dear. Have you not noticed what has happened in the last 3 years.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Yes. That's why I've fought fascism all of my life. Not just the last 3 years.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:40 pm Explain how he hates every aspect of modern Britain. I’ll get a hot chocolate on while I await your reply.
"2 world wars & 1 world cup do dah do dah"

"You started it ,no we didnt , yes you did.you invaded poland "

"10 german bombers flying in the air & the r.a.f from england...."

Theme from the damn busters

"The krauts are taking over Europe , but through the EU ".

Against
" we'll meet again dont know where dont know when" .

A proud Englishmen would marry an English rose .

A con man married a Fraulein.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Andrew Marr's interview with Farage, well hardly any questions about Brexit, the single most important issue in the country probably at the moment, so pretty well sums up what the interviewer was trying to do.....or avoid in this case !! Can Marr also have Mrs May on there and ask her if she still stand's by "I will deliver the BREXIT people asked for" and "No deal is better than a bad deal" !! Or even better, let us have 80% of any of the MP's on there and ask "Do you still agree with your manifesto promise, that you were elected on, that you will support this ''Once in a generation vote'' there will be no going back, the people have spoken and we will deliver on that result" Not a chance of this happening, I mean after all, this is the ''Brussels Broadcasting Consortium'' !
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The BBC has always been biased, no doubt about it.

Max, whilst you may dislike Farage which your perfectly entitled to do, I'd suggest his neither a fascist nor a proto fascist. His views may be alien and the opposite of what you believe in, but throwing both those comments in the argument cheapens any point you wish to convey. Also he doesn't stack up as either and certainly not against what they mean in the real world.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm In a sane world, it was a car crash. But we don't live in a sane world. Edited versions will be being shared all day showing him 'owning' the liberal, biased BBC.

No one who is dumb enough to vote for the Brexit party cares about a manifesto or what he actually believes, he proved that last time by getting people to vote Leave in the first place. He's promised something that doesn't exist then, when it hasn't materialised, he's convinced them to blame other people. He's untouchable and the mainstream media, by constantly giving him airtime - genuinely admired him keeping a straight face when he claimed they were biased against him - are playing right into his grubby hands.
Here we go again calling millions of people dumb. Like him or hate him Farage has a very clear simple message. You may not agree but I take exception to being called dumb by someone who doesn’t know me. I’d have a little more respect for you if you apologised but I don’t believe you have the guts to do so as you just insult anyone who disagrees with you. That attitude is a form of dictatorship.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Millions of people are dumb, we already knew that.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:35 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:57 pm

As a BBC journalist it's his job to hold the fascists feet to the fire.
No, it’s not
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Winchesterfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm In a sane world, it was a car crash. But we don't live in a sane world. Edited versions will be being shared all day showing him 'owning' the liberal, biased BBC.

No one who is dumb enough to vote for the Brexit party cares about a manifesto or what he actually believes, he proved that last time by getting people to vote Leave in the first place. He's promised something that doesn't exist then, when it hasn't materialised, he's convinced them to blame other people. He's untouchable and the mainstream media, by constantly giving him airtime - genuinely admired him keeping a straight face when he claimed they were biased against him - are playing right into his grubby hands.
Here we go again calling millions of people dumb. Like him or hate him Farage has a very clear simple message. You may not agree but I take exception to being called dumb by someone who doesn’t know me. I’d have a little more respect for you if you apologised but I don’t believe you have the guts to do so as you just insult anyone who disagrees with you. That attitude is a form of dictatorship.
If you think Farage has a "very clear simple message" then what is it? He's a racist scumbag with his own agenda - which is basically for his own gratification and egotism (and no doubt more than a few bob on the side). If you truly think he's championing the British people in their desire for Brexit then I truly do despair. Anyone who falls for his "man of the people", a bit of a laugh down the pub, straight-talking, act really do deserve to be called dumb.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Why does everyone just focus on the BBC? The overall media profile in this country is rabidly right wing, racist, anti-immigrant, sexist and homophobic. Why don't you complain about that?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Probably because most people have access to the BBC over any other platform so their voice is heard the loudest.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

BoniO wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:36 am

If you think Farage has a "very clear simple message" then what is it? He's a racist scumbag with his own agenda - which is basically for his own gratification and egotism (and no doubt more than a few bob on the side). If you truly think he's championing the British people in their desire for Brexit then I truly do despair. Anyone who falls for his "man of the people", a bit of a laugh down the pub, straight-talking, act really do deserve to be called dumb.
If you think Farage has a "very clear simple message" then what is it?

I think you've answered your own question. He's a racist scumbag
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

IMO He just wants to get back as an MEP for the fat salary and perks.

And he is the biggest self publicist in politics (after Trump)
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

You might be able to argue about parallels between NF and the Donald.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

He is a Putin loving, Trump loving racist. Just remember, Russia interfered in the last referendum and they still are at it. His buddy Trump is now owned by Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Russia and Egypt. They want a war with Iran and are wrecking Yeman and Libya, nor that these countries needed more outside interference. The people need to wake up to these bullies (wannabe dictators) who try to get the media to cover them the way they want. Propaganda kings. He is again trying to get the people of the UK to walk over a cliff. Wake up people, wake up. The labour party needs a new leader and they need to come out now as pro remain. Cut the BS and games.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Good Post. And very true, especially the last part, and you didn't need to use any insulting words to get your point across.