Jake Caprice

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Jake Caprice

Post by aylesburyos »

Player of the season at Tranmere- could be in div 1 next season. Well done
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Jake Caprice

Post by Sid Bishop »

aylesburyos wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:46 am Player of the season at Tranmere- could be in div 1 next season. Well done
I can recall someone on this forum saying that at the start of the season that Caprice was only getting into the Tranmere side because the regular right back was injured and that he would lose his place once the regular right back was fit, well whoever that person was, he was wrong.
So agree, well done Jake Caprice, it did not work out for you at the Os, different team and you came good. good on you !!
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

I can recall someone moaning when Scales was released, funny place this.

Caprice would have been decent in our latest formation, better then Ling or Judd.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am I can recall someone moaning when Scales was released, funny place this.

Caprice would have been decent in our latest formation, better then Ling or Judd.
Disagree - with wingbacks, you’ve still got to track back. Even someone as attacking and forward thinking as Brophy puts him to shame in that regard. Id take Judd and Turley over him every day of the week.

But glad it’s working out for him, apparently, and good luck to the bloke.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Turley 100%.

I'm not convinced on either Ling or Judd in any position yet.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

I'm going to need this sourced, given that their awards night doesn't take place until Friday...
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:54 am I'm going to need this sourced, given that their awards night doesn't take place until Friday...
Really? :lol:
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Regardless of awards, it was a disgrace how he was picked on and booed put of the club by certain elements.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

He did look poor defending for us, mind. And didn’t improve after JE arrived. But it always happens in a poor or disappointing season: find a scapegoat or two.

Good for him doing the business at Tranny. I guess they got the better bargain out of the switcheroo with Alabi.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Happy for him. Weird that some people would want him in the squad that just won the championship.

It's not all about ability, attitude and work rate is whats important to get out of the NL.
OKPete
Fresh Alias

Post by OKPete »

Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:54 am I'm going to need this sourced, given that their awards night doesn't take place until Friday...
And James Norwood was voted L2 player of the season...

That said, good luck to him etc etc. Never thought he was as bad as some people made out.
roffeys money
Fresh Alias

Post by roffeys money »

In the formation we were using while he was here he wasn't up to it. He wasn't great defensively and was shown up frequently by a good winger, much like Ling has been for most of the past season, but he was good going forward - although often got caught upfield when we lost possession. I think he would have done better as a wing back in our current formation where the extra centre back would have provided cover. Glad it's working out for him at Tranmere.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

He was dreadful for us. Good luck to him at Tranmere, wouldn't have him back at all.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 am Regardless of awards, it was a disgrace how he was picked on and booed put of the club by certain elements.
He wasn’t booed out of the club.

Justin got rid of him as soon as he could.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

roffeys money wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:23 pm In the formation we were using while he was here he wasn't up to it. He wasn't great defensively and was shown up frequently by a good winger, much like Ling has been for most of the past season, but he was good going forward - although often got caught upfield when we lost possession. I think he would have done better as a wing back in our current formation where the extra centre back would have provided cover. Glad it's working out for him at Tranmere.
But he really wouldn’t have.

He had great pace but no end product. His main plus was he got forward on the overlap which freed up the winger - mainly Dayton ahead of him - and allowed him to come inside.

As wing back he wouldn’t have the creative player ahead of him.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Red_Army wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 am Regardless of awards, it was a disgrace how he was picked on and booed put of the club by certain elements.

He was booed by fans. I remember Torquay at home when he was subbed and booed off by the fans and he never appeared again. Whether or not this was the reason he left the club doesn't matter.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm
roffeys money wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:23 pm In the formation we were using while he was here he wasn't up to it. He wasn't great defensively and was shown up frequently by a good winger, much like Ling has been for most of the past season, but he was good going forward - although often got caught upfield when we lost possession. I think he would have done better as a wing back in our current formation where the extra centre back would have provided cover. Glad it's working out for him at Tranmere.
But he really wouldn’t have.

He had great pace but no end product. His main plus was he got forward on the overlap which freed up the winger - mainly Dayton ahead of him - and allowed him to come inside.

As wing back he wouldn’t have the creative player ahead of him.
He had one of the top assist rates in the league last year. He got stick because he tried to make things happen, and due to the frequency of attempts, he inevitably wasted some so people got on his back.

It is revisionism to say that fans were on his back at the time for his defensive work. It was his perceived wastefulness in the final third that he drew fans' ire.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:35 pm

He was booed by fans. I remember Torquay at home when he was subbed and booed off by the fans and he never appeared again. Whether or not this was the reason he left the club doesn't matter.
You can’t say he was booed out of the club, then when pulled up that he wasn’t booed out of the club say that it doesn’t matter if that was the reason or not :lol:
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:56 pm
Red_Army wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:35 pm

You can’t say he was booed out of the club, then when pulled up that he wasn’t booed out of the club say that it doesn’t matter if that was the reason or not :lol:
It was just a phrase. The way certain fans treated him was a disgrace. Would you prefer if I said 'he was booed on his way out'?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am I can recall someone moaning when Scales was released, funny place this.
😂😂😂
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

I heard from someone that there was a bust up, looking how Elokobi ended here it might seem reasonable to say he crossed a line somewhere out of frustration and this was the result. He was Boco'd after Torquay.

Edinburgh actually gave him a chance, he played a lot of games. Don't think he was a great assist maker, he got 4 (by contrast, Clohessy got 8 in his season).

He was actually very good in pre-season. But then the formation changed and he was exposed. Under the 4-2-3-1 he would have had Lee/Lawless providing some cover. It could have turned out different for all three of them had we not changed it up.

I agree he got some unfair treatment but that's the path of least resistance. Many of the older pros got away with hardly any stick because of their reputation, and it would be unfair to be too hard on youngsters like Clark, Grainger, Ochieng. A token few like Bonne/Adams were actually performing well.

That left a few in the middle like Clay, Sendles-White, Caprice, Widdowson. Even loans like Ellis and N'Gala got stick despite not playing that much.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

eagwgw wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 pm I heard from someone that there was a bust up, looking how Elokobi ended here it might seem reasonable to say he crossed a line somewhere out of frustration and this was the result. He was Boco'd after Torquay.

Edinburgh actually gave him a chance, he played a lot of games. Don't think he was a great assist maker, he got 4 (by contrast, Clohessy got 8 in his season).

He was actually very good in pre-season. But then the formation changed and he was exposed. Under the 4-2-3-1 he would have had Lee/Lawless providing some cover. It could have turned out different for all three of them had we not changed it up.

I agree he got some unfair treatment but that's the path of least resistance. Many of the older pros got away with hardly any stick because of their reputation, and it would be unfair to be too hard on youngsters like Clark, Grainger, Ochieng. A token few like Bonne/Adams were actually performing well.

That left a few in the middle like Clay, Sendles-White, Caprice, Widdowson. Even loans like Ellis and N'Gala got stick despite not playing that much.
Or Orient fans can be morons who see a player have one or two below average games and then fix an opinion in their minds.

Certain people on here were laughably still saying this about Clay until it became basically impossible to keep it up.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

How did it become impossible to keep it up?

Clay has massively improved throughout this season and even more massively over last season. (A lot of that is down to having Jobi alongside him but that’s irrelevant).
BrendO
Fresh Alias

Post by BrendO »

Will always remember him for one of the most cynical and unnecessary red cards I’ve ever seen in the game away at Torquay. Fair enough it was born out of frustration but he could have seriously injured the Torquay player and he showed awful professionalism by doing that and missing the next three games.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm How did it become impossible to keep it up?

Clay has massively improved throughout this season and even more massively over last season. (A lot of that is down to having Jobi alongside him but that’s irrelevant).
Lol. You are trying so hard at the moment.