Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Thor »

Where do you find that fishing emoji?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’ve got a friend who’s an emoji designer, he sent it to me.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Polls closing in leadership election today (remember that's still going), reckon Keir could win on the first ballot

Don't forget to vote if you haven't already comrades 😊😊😊🌹🌹🌹
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Still chasing up my ballot paper....
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

RedO wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 pm Still chasing up my ballot paper....
You should have had the email weeks ago?

Check your 'Spam' folder........before anyone says it, that doesn't mean that we are being Anti-semitic!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Had nothing.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:07 pmHad nothing.
Perhaps you have been suspended for your anti-Semitic rants and they've forgotten to tell you.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:58 pm Where do you find that fishing emoji?
🎣🎣🎣🎣
🐟🐠🐡🦈

Ah poor thor
😜
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:16 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:07 pmHad nothing.
Perhaps you have been suspended for your anti-Semitic rants and they've forgotten to tell you.
:D

And forgotten to stop taking my subs too, the bastards.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Have you changed your email and not advised the Party HQ?

If you PM me your Membership number and CLP, I'll try and get it sorted for you.

I have access to the Membership Database and can double-check why you haven't received it.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:12 pm Have you changed your email and not advised the Party HQ?

If you PM me your Membership number and CLP, I'll try and get it sorted for you.

I have access to the Membership Database and can double-check why you haven't received it.
WHOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHH
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:12 pm Have you changed your email and not advised the Party HQ?

Thanks but nope.

Still getting other emails...
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks but nope.

You're a smart bloke. Why are you even bothering with the Labour Party?
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Always the 64 thousand dollar question whether to embrace Labourism, Maxy.

And the answer is always some variant on the Trolley Problem

Even I was tempted back in recent years. But I didn’t. Which I’ll be relieved about once Nerdy, Smarmy Starmer inexplicably gets the nod.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Starmer is like the rebound guy a woman will go to when she's been cheated on/divorced.

Safe, comfortable, Nescafe Gold Blend guy

But ultimately doesn't excite and will eventually get dumped
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:58 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks but nope.

You're a smart bloke. Why are you even bothering with the Labour Party?
Because of Jezza ❤️
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

YouGov poll just published on Corbyn's last day. After 10 years of the Tories they're on over 50% 😖

Con: 52%
Lab: 28%
Lib: 8%
Grn: 5%
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

To be fair, public support will naturally swing towards the government in times of crisis. I wouldn't take polls today as any indicator of where things will be in 18 months.

Not that any of it really matters.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Dunners wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:23 am To be fair, public support will naturally swing towards the government in times of crisis. I wouldn't take polls today as any indicator of where things will be in 18 months.

Not that any of it really matters.
I agree and they've seen their poll ratings go up 5-7% since the current crisis escalated. The crisis narrative doesn't explain why the Tories have been on circa 50% since January though.

Starmer unlikely to experience any honeymoon bounce either given the circumstances. At least the local elections aren't for 13 months
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Oh, without a doubt. Until Labour ditch all the ridiculous identity politics crap and connect with what really matters to people they'll never get back into power. As I've said before, a traditional labour voter from Rotherham will have f*** all in common with a Labour activist from Shoreditch. Things have a tendency to change when you least expect it, but right now I just cannot see Labour recovering.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm Oh, without a doubt. Until Labour ditch all the ridiculous identity politics crap and connect with what really matters to people they'll never get back into power. As I've said before, a traditional labour voter from Rotherham will have f*** all in common with a Labour activist from Shoreditch. Things have a tendency to change when you least expect it, but right now I just cannot see Labour recovering.
I had a debate with the current Chair of Oxford Uni Labour Club last night over a few drinks about the issue you raise above. It got quite fierce and I sense there may be some simmering ongoing disagreement.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Dunners wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm Oh, without a doubt. Until Labour ditch all the ridiculous identity politics crap and connect with what really matters to people they'll never get back into power. As I've said before, a traditional labour voter from Rotherham will have f*** all in common with a Labour activist from Shoreditch. Things have a tendency to change when you least expect it, but right now I just cannot see Labour recovering.
..and has a Labour voter from Rotherham, got much in common with an Eton educated toff in the Conservative Party?.........but it didnt stop them voting tory, did it?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:15 pm
..and has a Labour voter from Rotherham, got much in common with an Eton educated toff in the Conservative Party?.........but it didnt stop them voting tory, did it?
Well, see, that's the thing. While their interests may not be alligned, they can probably relate more to each other on grounds of social policy.

Labour lost its voters during the 2nd and 3rd New Labour GE victories. That vacuum was initially filled by UKIP and then the Brexit Party. And from there it was less of a leap to make the final switch to Tory.

Labour needs* to ditch the woke nonsense and put forward a shortlist of credible centre-left economic policies. Keep things streamlined, simple and clear.

(*Assuming it actually desires having real power, of course)
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Starmer aides briefing a resounding Keir win should hopefully lead to a purge of Corbyn's key allies and them taking control of the internal structures. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... our-leader
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Dunners wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:40 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Well, see, that's the thing. While their interests may not be alligned, they can probably relate more to each other on grounds of social policy.

Labour lost its voters during the 2nd and 3rd New Labour GE victories. That vacuum was initially filled by UKIP and then the Brexit Party. And from there it was less of a leap to make the final switch to Tory.

Labour needs* to ditch the woke nonsense and put forward a shortlist of credible centre-left economic policies. Keep things streamlined, simple and clear.

(*Assuming it actually desires having real power, of course)
Help a simple soul out here, if possible.

I've heard the term Identity Politics uses in a pejorative way, but I don't think I'm any closer knowing what it means (despite looking up the meaning in a dictionary).

What do you mean by the Identity politics crap, and what would ditching the woke nonsense look like ? What actual policies and positions do they have that you think they should change / drop.

I hate it when people put "genuine question" on a post, because it's usually not - but in this case, it really is - I'm completely in the dark about "identity politics"