Fletcher Out and Ling Out

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Fletcher Out and Ling Out

Post by Thor »

They both need to go now. They are both incompetent. I've backed both of them, but not now. This is a sh*t fest and they both have to go now.

I'm sorry to post this, but enough is enough this is a major embarrassment for our football club.

Fuxking disgraceful.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: Fletcher Out and Ling Out

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:42 pm They both need to go now. They are both incompetent. I've backed both of them, but not now. This is a sh*t fest and they both have to go now.

I'm sorry to post this, but enough is enough this is a major embarrassment for our football club.

Fuxking disgraceful.
But it won’t happen. Entering some dark times.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:42 pm They both need to go now. They are both incompetent. I've backed both of them, but not now. This is a sh*t fest and they both have to go now.

Fuxking disgraceful.
Totally agree !!!!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Fletcher is on a hiding to nothing. He was the cheap option and has to work with the current set-up. If rumours are to be believed, they're undermining him. Not great when he's been at the club for a matter of weeks.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Who says hes being undermined? Why would ling allow that? Come on please enlighten us all.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

This has shades of the Davis situation all over again. Ling has to carry the can for this.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:58 pm Who says hes being undermined? Why would ling allow that? Come on please enlighten us all.
There was rumours that Webb and Fletcher have been rowing about tactics.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Nothing on the BBC about our defeat at least not on the main page...although Man Utd are winning,apparently.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yes the orient hour said that, however a row is not necessarily undermining someone unless it's in front of the rest of the players, which I doubt would have happened. In the office, yeah for sure that could have happened, but I doubt on the pitch.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I doubt he is being undermined. He was just the wrong choice.

He picked up an inform team yet has managed to contrive 3 losses and a draw against three teams where wins could be reasonably expected. Didn’t expect much at Plymouth. But against a struggling Carlisle and Morecombe and lower league Maldon the results have been catastrophic.

Dire, pathetic, and today embarrassing. Laughing stock.

Big game Saturday. Another poor display and loss is just not acceptable.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Fletcher needs to go
Ling doesnt .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm Fletcher is on a hiding to nothing. He was the cheap option and has to work with the current set-up. If rumours are to be believed, they're undermining him. Not great when he's been at the club for a matter of weeks.
I wrote much the same on this forum about the stipulation that any new manager had to work with the existing coaching set up.
Quite obvious to me that some of the more experienced and better options for this job would rule themselves out because of that restriction, but some of the usual suspects on this forum ''Howled'' me out for expressing that opinion !!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:06 pm Yes the orient hour said that, however a row is not necessarily undermining someone unless it's in front of the rest of the players, which I doubt would have happened. In the office, yeah for sure that could have happened, but I doubt on the pitch.
That's why I said 'if rumours are to be believed'. Orient hour didn't just make it up. There's only 1 new person at the club, you thing all of that doesn't filter through to the players?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Nothing to do with fletcher in terms of he was employed (probably couldn’t believe his luck) and will try his best. The problem is Ling. He was blessed with an ability to kick a bag of wind in a straight line but the big man in the sky left it at that. He has no other discernible talent and would have been a controller in a minicab office in another life (no disrespect to the mini cab industry, my best friend does not work in one). It’s time to cut the head off the snake.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:08 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm Fletcher is on a hiding to nothing. He was the cheap option and has to work with the current set-up. If rumours are to be believed, they're undermining him. Not great when he's been at the club for a matter of weeks.
I wrote much the same on this forum about the stipulation that any new manager had to work with the existing coaching set up.
Quite obvious to me that some of the more experienced and better options for this job would rule themselves out because of that restriction, but some of the usual suspects on this forum ''Howled'' me out for expressing that opinion !!
Are you hinting that the main culprit was Howling mad murdoch, Sid? ☺️
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Just looking at today, we should have been able to beat M+T with the team we put out - irrespective of who managed us. Nobody could criticise the team we put out. Indeed some might criticise the team for its lack of experimentation. We should have been strong enough to take this mob, but the manager AND the players failed. I think everyone on the playing staff should take a good long look at themselves after today and come to work tomorrow with a better attitude to the job than they showed today. Fletcher is the tactician, but each player should just knuckle down and do their jobs. Can the players honestly say they did that today? I doubt it.

Fletcher clearly needs to start showing out. In the games so far he's failed to define what his teams are supposed to play like. Right now there is nothing I can say about how he wants his team to play, that differs from other poorly performing teams we've had in the past.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Ling isn't entirely to blame (since others also took part in the interview process) but I think I'd give him one more managerial appointment and if that doesn't work out then we should move on from.

As for Fletcher, in theory I'd give him until Xmas although pragmatically I'm not sure how feasible that is since the atmosphere around the club has turned so toxic (entirely caused by twagheads in our fan base) and the squad are not responding to his methods and tactics. I'd take some short term pain for long term gain but the signs aren't good that the latter would follow.

This is all not helped by terrible decisions.made back in the summer. Having got back into the league and with several players out of contract we should have looked to move on from the likes of Harrold and brought in players better suited to League Two and who are able to contribute regularly. Also, new contracts signed by the likes of Brill, Coulson and Clay are looking like they will be albatrosses (if not already) and make things tricky in future. It was a big error of judgement not to add players in the summer to complement what we have. For example, the genuine mobile defensive midfielder, an upgrade in goal and a more attacking left fullback to add options.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Twitter is in meltdown. One person said he never
acknowledged the fans and went straight down the tunnel. Hopefully to a waiting taxi. Disgraceful behaviour from him, he don't deserve us fans.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:07 pm I doubt he is being undermined. He was just the wrong choice.
If there is any truth to that rumour it makes the Board’s decision to insist that Fletcher inherit the existing coaching staff a travesty !
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm Twitter is in meltdown. One person said he never
acknowledged the fans and went straight down the tunnel. Hopefully to a waiting taxi. Disgraceful behaviour from him, he don't deserve us fans.
If you're talking about Fletcher then (seriously) what reaction did you expect?
HavantO
Fresh Alias

Post by HavantO »

Straight down the tunnel. Not a word. Not a glance to the supporters. A truly atrocious display of football and management. This guy is worse than Davis. At least we looked like scoring under Davis. Under this loser we concede a sack load and don’t even look like scoring. Truly terrible. He should go and go quickly.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:27 pm
Thor wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm Twitter is in meltdown. One person said he never
If you're talking about Fletcher then (seriously) what reaction did you expect?
A grovelling apology to the fans followed immediately by his resignation!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:03 pm Ling isn't entirely to blame (since others also took part in the interview process) but I think I'd give him one more managerial appointment and if that doesn't work out then we should move on from.

As for Fletcher, in theory I'd give him until Xmas although pragmatically I'm not sure how feasible that is since the atmosphere around the club has turned so toxic (entirely caused by twagheads in our fan base) and the squad are not responding to his methods and tactics. I'd take some short term pain for long term gain but the signs aren't good that the latter would follow.

This is all not helped by terrible decisions.made back in the summer. Having got back into the league and with several players out of contract we should have looked to move on from the likes of Harrold and brought in players better suited to League Two and who are able to contribute regularly. Also, new contracts signed by the likes of Brill, Coulson and Clay are looking like they will be albatrosses (if not already) and make things tricky in future. It was a big error of judgement not to add players in the summer to complement what we have. For example, the genuine mobile defensive midfielder, an upgrade in goal and a more attacking left fullback to add options.
Spot on. I think he should be given more games, especially when we have WIlksinson and Angol back and see if it changes. You just know next Saturday will be incredibly toxic from the knobheads in the crowd.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:08 pm
All evidence coming from those involved in the process indicated that they thought he was the outstanding candidate, better than others and (from Porter) we didn't want a manager sacked by several clubs. The error of judgement lies with the evaluation criteria and the decision, not the candidates.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Fuxking disgraceful.
What makes me laugh is how slow you are to work this out. I have been saying for years that Ling has not got a scooby and is basically incompetent in this role. He has to go immediately.

As for Fletcher, he looks a poor choice but to be fair to the man, it is too soon to get rid.